Burlingame, California /
Clinical Laboratory /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
We are looking for a Procurement Specialist to join our Laboratory Operations team and to take on materials procurement for a high throughput lab. This is a full time employment position.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Perform all ordering for the production lab, RND, fulfillment center and collection site supplies.
- Order Management - Use ERP tools like Netsuite to create POs, route for approvals and submit orders. Provide specifications as necessary (i.e. ship schedule, special requirements), perform follow up with vendors on partial and incomplete orders to ensure completion. Communicate to vendors with any adjustments and update POs as needed.
- Assist in assessing and sourcing for alternate vendors for materials identified as a supply chain risk and source for creative solutions to procurement of items in high demand.
- Collaborate with supply chain and operations teams to ensure orders are set up to match usage needs and capacity of the laboratory.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with vendor contacts for ordering.
- Work with AP to verify and classify invoices according to goods received and address billing discrepancies.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Highly organized, detail oriented, effective and strong communicator interfacing with internal teams and external vendors. The candidate possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, is a quick learner, is proactive in their approach and work ethic and thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Prior experience with procurement for a fast paced, high throughput environment, communicating with vendors and suppliers, has a strong understanding of the purchasing to receiving process.
- Experience with using inventory management systems or ERP systems like Netsuite.
- Experience with Excel, Word, GSuite.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in procurement and sourcing in a relevant industry and/or scale of ordering.
Nice to Have:
- Background in life science industries in a laboratory setting.
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.