Color believes that everyone deserves access to high-quality information they can use to improve and maintain their health. We are transforming how clinical-grade genetic testing is done by removing financial, educational, and geographic barriers. Our goal is to expand physician-supported access to genetic testing to help every person, everywhere understand their risk for hereditary disorders.
Color’s heart is a CLIA/CAP, high-throughput, highly-automated, NGS-based clinical laboratory, in Burlingame, California. We’re looking for a board-certified, licensed Laboratory Director to join our highly motivated and high-performing team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for population health genomics, and strong backgrounds in clinical next-generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and laboratory QA and regulation. We’re looking for initiative, creativity, personal accountability, a dedication to teamwork, and a willingness to learn and grow.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure that the Color laboratory consistently produces analytically accurate results. Work collaboratively with the lab operations and data quality teams to clarify complicated cases and to guarantee complete accuracy of analytic results. Maintain oversight of wet lab, confirmation and data analysis workflows.
- Provide clinical and technical expertise in support of new genetic test development. Help drive improvements and innovations to ensure that the Color laboratory and clinical testing remains best-in-class.
- Ensure that the Color lab remains regulatory compliant with CAP, CLIA and relevant state licensures. Work closely with the QA team to maintain an active and effective laboratory and clinical QM programs. Supervise PT testing. Engage and oversee the Color CGMBS training program. Drive improvements at every opportunity.
- Work closely with the R&D and tech transfer teams to validate and launch new assays and assay modifications.
- Contribute to the clinical interpretation and results signout teams to ensure reliable and accurate clinical reporting.
- Support internal and external company initiatives. Present on Color’s behalf at scientific conferences and panels.
We are looking for:
- M.D. or Ph.D. laboratory director, minimum of 3 years experience
- ABMGG (or equivalent) certification in Clinical Molecular Genetics
- California LDS licensure preferred. CA license eligible will be considered
- New York State Certificate of Qualification
- Extensive experience working with Next Generation Sequencing Platforms and bioinformatics. Experience with other molecular techniques (Sanger, aCGH, MLPA etc) a plus.
- Experience with CAP checklists, CLIA requirements, and rigorous approaches to LDT validation. Experience with CE and FDA a plus.
- Intelligent, keen attention to detail, strong team player, excellent organizational and time-management skills, great communicator.
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.