Recently named Rock Health 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is the leader in delivering advanced healthcare through clinical genetics. We make precision health programs accessible, convenient, and cost effective for everyone. Color partners with leading health systems, premier employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us program by the National Institutes of Health.
Color’s heart is a CLIA/CAP, high-throughput, highly-automated, NGS-based clinical laboratory, in Burlingame, California. We’re looking for a board-certified, licensed Laboratory Director to join our highly motivated and high-performing team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for population health genomics, and strong backgrounds in clinical next-generation sequencing, bioinformatics, and laboratory QA and regulation. We’re looking for initiative, creativity, personal accountability, a dedication to teamwork, and a willingness to learn and grow.
This role would require the individual to work out of our office in Burlingame, California (unfortunately there is no remote option at this time).
In this role, you will:
- Ensure that the Color laboratory consistently produces analytically accurate results. Work collaboratively with the lab operations and data quality teams to clarify complicated cases and to guarantee complete accuracy of analytic results. Maintain oversight of wet lab, confirmation and data analysis workflows.
- Provide clinical and technical expertise in support of new genetic test development. Help drive improvements and innovations to ensure that the Color laboratory and clinical testing remains best-in-class.
- Ensure that the Color lab remains regulatory compliant with CAP, CLIA and relevant state licensures. Work closely with the QA team to maintain an active and effective laboratory and clinical QM programs. Supervise PT testing. Engage and oversee the Color CGMBS training program. Drive improvements at every opportunity.
- Work closely with the R&D and tech transfer teams to validate and launch new assays and assay modifications.
- Contribute to the clinical interpretation and results signout teams to ensure reliable and accurate clinical reporting.
- Support internal and external company initiatives. Present on Color’s behalf at scientific conferences and panels.
We are looking for:
- M.D. or Ph.D. laboratory director, minimum of 3 years experience
- ABMGG (or equivalent) certification in Clinical Molecular Genetics
- California LDS licensure preferred. CA license eligible will be considered
- New York State Certificate of Qualification
- Extensive experience working with Next Generation Sequencing Platforms and bioinformatics. Experience with other molecular techniques (Sanger, aCGH, MLPA etc) a plus.
- Experience with CAP checklists, CLIA requirements, and rigorous approaches to LDT validation. Experience with CE and FDA a plus.
- Intelligent, keen attention to detail, strong team player, excellent organizational and time-management skills, great communicator.
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.