Lab Instrumentation Specialist
Burlingame, California /
Clinical Laboratory /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
We are looking for someone to join our Laboratory Operations team and your primary role as a Lab Instrumentation Specialist will be to maintain and support critical instrumentation for a high throughput laboratory. This is a full time employment position.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Perform maintenance and calibration according to SOP as needed of all lab equipment. This includes plate fillers, automated liquid handlers, plate readers, automated extraction instruments, refrigeration and accessory equipment such as incubators, temperature probes, shakers, UPSes.
- Coordinate, prepare, oversee or perform installation of new equipment and performing IQ, OQ and PQs according to SOP to prepare instrumentation for use in production. Prepare and scope out space and power requirements for new equipment. Perform qualification procedures after repairs or modifications.
- Tracking maintenance schedules, scheduling preventative maintenances with vendors and coordinating instrument downtime with the laboratory.
- Be available for rotational on-call to respond to instrumentation problems.
- Documentation, tracking and responding to equipment issues that arise. Provide prompt troubleshooting response and escalate as needed to subject matter experts. Work with the automation support team as well as external vendors to ensure issues are resolved quickly and all followup documentation is complete.
- Document and report consistent robotics issues to the automation team for process improvement.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Highly organized, detail oriented, effective and strong communicator interfacing with internal teams and external vendors. The candidate possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, is a quick learner, is proactive in their approach and work ethic and thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Prior experience operating with or performing support tasks on laboratory automation instrumentation
- Min 2 years of experience in specialized instrumentation support.
Nice to Have:
- Background in life science industries in a laboratory setting.
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.