Associate Corporate Counsel/Corporate Counsel
Color believes that everyone deserves access to high-quality information they can use to improve and maintain their health. We are transforming how clinical-grade genetic testing is done by removing financial, educational, and geographic barriers. Our goal is to expand physician-supported access to genetic testing to help every person, everywhere understand their risk for hereditary disorders.
We are looking for someone to join our Legal team to help tackle some of the exciting legal challenges of operating in a fast paced, cutting edge industry at the intersection of bioinformatics and genomics.
In this role, you will:
- Draft, review and negotiate domestic and international commercial contracts, channel partner contracts, and professional services agreements.
- Identify business and legal risks and issues and suggest practical alternatives that allow the business of the company to move forward in compliance with domestic and international laws, rules, and regulations.
- Be a true cross-functional team player by working closely with Commercial/BD, People Operations, Product, Marketing, Lab, Support, and other departments at Color.
- Support product launches, marketing and promotional efforts, and policy initiatives in our space.
We are looking for:
- 2+ years of experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, licensing agreements, and other agreements. You’ll be joining a team of seasoned in-house counsel who have a passion for Color’s mission and almost 40 years of combined law firm and industry experience. We are willing to train the right junior candidate with a natural curiosity, a thirst for learning, and a desire for professional growth.
- Strong critical thinking and strategic skills demonstrating sound judgment.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, but also comfortable with taking ownership of projects and driving them to conclusion.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad range of legal matters.
- Experience working with technology companies, biotechnology companies (commercial stage), enterprise benefits, SaaS companies, and/or start-ups.
- In-house commercial counsel experience or top law firm experience a plus, but not required. Healthy sense of humor and passion for Color's mission, required.
- Contracts management experience is a plus, but not required
- JD degree and bar admission required.
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.