Clinical Lab Scientist
Recently named Rock Health 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is the leader in delivering advanced healthcare through clinical genetics. We make precision health programs accessible, convenient, and cost effective for everyone. Color partners with leading health systems, premier employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us program by the National Institutes of Health.
The Clinical Lab Scientist will be responsible for the development and performance of a novel clinical test for understanding genetic risk for specific diseases while working in a high complexity CLIA-certified laboratory.
In this role, you will:
- Perform analytical processing of specimens.
- Perform established quality assurance procedures (quality control testing, instrument function checks, maintenance and calibrations), maintain appropriate documentation and report nonconformances.
- Prepare and maintain accurate laboratory records.
- Troubleshoot instruments and resolve technical problems whenever possible, document corrective action, and report problems to the supervisor.
- Assist in instructing students and laboratory personnel in the principles and techniques of diagnostic tests and examinations.
- Flexibility with working hours as business needs dictate.
- Stay current and in command of critical issues and changes.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What we're looking for:
- Graduation from college with a major in an appropriate scientific field, possession of a clinical laboratory scientist license or a similar license of equal or higher level issued by the State Department of Health; and knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of duties assigned to the position.
- Training in clinical laboratory science as a generalist or in molecular diagnostics.
- Experience with Microsoft and Google Suite.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of safe handling of specimens, reagents and toxic/biohazardous reagents.
- Valid CA Clinical Laboratory Scientist license/certification in one of or all of the following areas: 1) Generalist license 2) Limited license in molecular diagnostics. Please include license/certification number.
- Hours: 6:00am - 2:00pm PT
- Note: Physical/health screening required.
What is nice to have:
- Prior extracurricular or post-baccalaureate laboratory experience with at least one of the following techniques: nucleic acid extraction, library preparation, PCR or q-PCR, hybridization, DNA sequencing.
- Prior experience working with automation and liquid handlers.
- Prior experience working in a high-throughput environment.
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.