Burlingame, California /
General & Admin – Finance /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
We are looking for a Controller to join our Finance team to support the growth of our accounting team and the company. As a Controller, you will be responsible for the accounting activities of the company. You will be responsible for overseeing accounting activities, tax compliance, and internal controls, and will help build Color’s financial processes, internal controls, reporting, and systems.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Responsible for accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes and the preparation of internal and external financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Oversee the accounting operations, including supervision of contract accounting staff
- As we grow, internalize functions by hiring and developing a team to meet increasing needs and requirements
- Lead the company’s activities with external auditors and manage internal controls
- Manage technical accounting, including staying current with the latest GAAP pronouncements, writing of memos, and implementing new FASB Statements
- Develop and drive the adoption of common processes and systems across the company
- Manage the submission of income, property, franchise, and other tax returns
- Develop and maintain internal controls appropriate for GAAP financial reportingIdentify and research appropriate treatment of complex accounting transactions
- Be a part of the team to plan and implement system implementations and enhancements
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- BA/BS degree and CPA or equivalent required; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience with proven working experience as a Controller or Director of Accounting
- Experience in NetSuite or equivalent ERP system
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Google Suite
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP, SEC rules and regulations and reporting requirements
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills; ability to interface and communicate effectively with executive management and other functions within the organization
- Experience managing relationships with external auditors
- A proven track record of process improvement and experience with financial systems and process change initiatives
- Excellent judgment and critical-thinking skills
- Ability to operate with substantial latitude in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership & managerial abilities
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.