Strategic Partnerships Lead - Health Systems
Color believes that everyone deserves access to high-quality information they can use to improve and maintain their health. We are transforming how clinical-grade genetic testing is done by removing financial, educational, and geographic barriers. Our goal is to expand physician-supported access to genetic testing to help every person, everywhere understand their risk for hereditary disorders.
We are looking for a Strategic Partnerships Lead to enter new markets by sourcing, negotiating, launching, and growing a core, high-impact set of strategic customer relationships. In this role, you will work closely with the Executive Team and will be critical in achieving Color’s vision of helping organizations leverage genomic data and insights in an individual’s healthcare journey. You will collaborate with high-profile health systems, governments, and other institutions - from initial engagement, to go-live and production, and throughout the entire customer lifecycle - to help them leverage Color to achieve their goals. This is the role for you if you have a unique combination of technical vision, customer leadership and industry experience.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the development of Color’s go-to-market strategy -- including our overall approach, core business cases for different segments, and communications and materials for leadership discussions
- Develop new customer relationships from zero to close -- sourcing, structuring, negotiating, and contracting
- Work with our customers to identify opportunities to leverage population-scale genomic data (risk stratification, medication adherence, intervention prioritization and adherence, etc.) and helping scope a deployment to deliver on these transformative outcomes
- Maintain access to enterprise-level and emerging high-value problem spaces within the deployment(s)
- Establish rapport with customers (especially at senior levels) and advance Color’s interests in conversations
- Figure out what it takes to win at both the deployment and enterprise levels and organize the rest of the customer team, including PartnerOps, Marketing, Support, Clinical, Scientific Affairs, etc., accordingly
Although this position is multi-faceted and its responsibilities are not rigidly defined, the following are a core set of abilities, skills, interests, and experiences that are required for success in this role:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably in an entrepreneurial venture, management consulting firm
- Demonstrated success in project and client management requiring highly developed analytical abilities and thought partnership, as well as practical and action-oriented leadership
- Understanding of complex organizational challenges and a proven track record of delivery and rigorous follow-through
- Repeated success designing and delivering presentations to senior executives and stakeholders
- Clear interest in healthcare; demonstrated familiarity with healthcare ecosystem (payers, providers, patients), population health, clinical decision makers, etc.
- Demonstrated systems-level thinking experience a plus
- Creative, flexible, analytical thinker: Is an exceptional, analytical, conceptual thinker with the ability to shift quickly between high-level and detail-oriented thinking. Must be able to wrangle ambiguous, open-ended questions to the ground
- Proactive & intellectually curious: Independently capable of seeking information, solving complex interpersonal or operational problems, persuading and aligning resources, and delivering results
- Drive: Takes initiative, strives for excellence in every task or project, and is fully committed to delivering quality results
- Low ego: Leaves ego at the door—Color’s products, approach, and culture will likely be significant departures from past experiences, and you will be expected to learn about Color from the ground up, regardless of resume or experience
- Communication: Exhibits outstanding communication, presentation, collaboration, and influencing skills. Able to credibly and compellingly present and debate recommendations with senior leadership internally and with C-level.
- Facilitation: Facilitates discussions to identify problems and solutions and fosters constructive debate to uncover new possibilities
- People: Possesses passion for development of self and others, a high degree of self-awareness, fosters a non-hierarchical exchange of ideas, and evaluates ideas without regard to the status or role of the individuals who communicate them
- Comfort with lack of structure and clear direction: Embraces constant change and ambiguity. Color’s organizational structures are constantly changing and evolving and you must be comfortable with the unknown and want to be part of the building process
- Relationship cultivation: Has passion for developing relationships with technical and non-technical personnel, from analysts to C-suite executives. High EQ: Able to handle delicate situations and diverse personalities
- Travel: Able to travel 25% of the time
- Passion for Color’s mission and business
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.