Senior Payroll Accountant
Burlingame, California /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
We are looking for someone to join our Finance team as a Senior Payroll Accountant who will help support the growth of our accounting team and the company. You will help manage our exempt and nonexempt employees in either semi-monthly or bi-weekly pay frequencies. You should have experience in running payroll for multiple work schedules and daily shifts. You should have strong knowledge of payroll and payroll compliances. You should have excellent attention to detail, be an excellent communicator, and strong employee focus.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Full-cycle processing of US payroll on a semi-monthly and bi-weekly basis for 250+ employees while incorporating payroll data from multiple internal departments and external benefit vendors. This includes processing stock transactions and delivering off-cycle/ad hoc payments as needed.
- Assisting with payroll compliance matters such as multi-state/multi-jurisdiction tax withholding, garnishments, and key annual audits (e.g. 401(k) audit, worker’s compensation, external financial audit)
- Manages the non-exempt timecard submission and approval process and follows up with managers on any timecard questions or issues. Review timecards submissions to ensure hours are recorded and paid out appropriately according to the Company’s policies and state and federal regulations.
- Ensures timely and accurate data integrations between ADP and other systems including 401K, HSA, FSA, and general ledger.
- Process employee requested changes.
- Assist with maintaining the Payroll inbox and answering employee questions.
- Prepare supporting packages for all approved one-time payments. Partner with the People Operations team for any supporting documents. Assist with the development and/or improvement of detailed payroll reconciliations.
- Assist with BS account level analysis for payroll accounts.
- Assist with reconciliation of medical, dental, FSA, etc. deductions.
- Participate in T&E reviews/audits as necessary.
- Other tasks as assigned
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years processing payroll
- ADP WORKFORCE Now working knowledge a must
- Experience with BambooHR, Navia, HSA Bank, and Sequoia portals preferred
- Background in health-related products preferredGeneral accounting knowledge a must
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information
- Proven ability and desire to work effectively, delivering accurate results under tight deadlines, in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, dynamic environment
- Good familiarity with appropriate internal controls
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills. Ability to confidently and effectively communicate to all levels within the Company
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.