Burlingame, California /
Supply Chain /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
We are looking for a Fulfillment Planner to join our Supply Chain team and to take on the management of our contracted fulfillment centers for our COVID-19 testing service. This will include ensuring that all of our testing sites have the test kits they need, ensure the fulfillment centers are appropriately stocked, keeping all packaging materials in sync between the different centers, and optimizing product flow from each. This is a full time employment position.
How You'll Contribute:
- Create fulfillment schedules that reconcile operations capacity to delivery requirements, following the allocated delivery schedules required
- Plan and manage all kit ordering and production at fulfillment centers for COVID-19 testing and genomics
- Ensure we are using the correct and approved packaging for all kits, and keep them in synch across fulfillment centers
- Respond to unanticipated changes—e.g. fulfillment shortfall vs. schedule or material shortages: provide information, impact assessment, and options to downstream customers and revise fulfillment schedules as needed
- Generate and publish fulfillment performance metrics and forecasts showing risk to delivery of materials vs. demand
- Communicating plans, plan revisions, and fulfillment vs. plan to all teams, support, and business stakeholders.
- Implement systematic solutions to control inventory flow, minimize shortages
- Manage the cross functional team (brand, design, product, support, supply chain and site operations) responsible for ensuring alignment of our packaging at all fulfillment centers
- Drive quality control at our fulfillment centers
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with vendor contacts for ordering
- Manage shipping costs and ensure Color and our customers have the lowest costs possible
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree industrial engineering/operations research, supply chain management or another quantitative field preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in supply chain planning in a relevant industry and/or scale of ordering.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, effective and strong communicator interfacing with internal teams and external vendors
- Advanced skills in time and task management and prioritization
- The candidate possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, is a quick learner, is proactive in their approach and work ethic and thrives in a fast paced environment
- Prior experience with fulfillment center management or procurement for a fast paced, high throughput environment, communicating with vendors and suppliers, has a strong understanding of the purchasing to receiving process
- Experience with using inventory management systems or ERP systems like Netsuite
- Experience with Excel, Word, GSuite
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.