Product Marketing Lead
Burlingame, California /
Sales & Marketing – Marketing /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
We’re looking for an experienced product marketer to build and lead our product marketing team. This team will develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research, market insights, and industry and product knowledge. In this role, you’ll be a voice of the user, surfacing customer insights that inform Color’s product strategy and influence go-to-market. Product marketing is a highly cross-functional role, regularly partnering with teams like product, engineering, design and sales. We are looking for a creative, analytical, collaborative product marketing leader to join our fast-growing team.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Lead a small team of talented marketers defining Color’s position in the public health space and helping grow adoption of our technology and services.
- Develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research, market insights, and product understanding. You will work closely with a range of cross-functional teams—product managers, sales, design, PR, and engineering—to develop go-to-market strategy and drive launches for our products.
- Help launch new products and features. You’ll write website copy and customer emails, create sales narratives and assets, and report on product feedback to continue to inform product development.
- Research and report on market intelligence, industry developments and customer insights.
- Outline and track key metrics, evaluate and communicate the success of launches and of Color’s competitive positioning in the market.
Our Ideal Candidate Is:
- A storyteller. You have empathy for customers and a belief in Color’s purpose. You’re able to adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage multiple audiences and differentiate Color. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Adaptable. You thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic environment and are able to operate fluidly between the big-picture view and the details that matter. You’re able to juggle multiple projects and priorities and communicate and prioritize effectively.
- A team player. You effectively partner with stakeholders across the organization. You’re always willing to jump in to help your teammates, you seek out different perspectives, and you enjoy working with cross-functional teams to achieve shared goals.
- Data and research oriented. You utilize data, research and insights to make recommendations and decisions about how to message and take products to market.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience that can span marketing, product marketing, product management, operational roles, or strategy consulting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- BA/BS degree
- Experience in health tech is valuable, but not required
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.