Physician — Independent Contractor, Color Medical
OPS – Med Ops /
At Color Medical group, we are transforming how care is delivered, and are looking for clinical leaders to guide our team, develop processes, and help build the supporting technology.
We are looking for licensed medical providers to provide healthcare services to customers through the Color Health platform. Color Health is a health technology company that makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color Health works with governments, public health institutions, employers, and national health initiatives around the world to provide the tools for preventive health and infectious disease management, including testing, vaccinations, and other services.
Apply to join Color Medical and do the most meaningful work of your career. If you are not sure that you're 100% qualified but are up for the challenge - we want you to apply!
Color Medical, P.C. is a digital clinic offering support and treatment to Color Health patients with a focus on internal medicine. Color’s dedicated Care Teams deliver evidence-based care and help patients work toward their individual goals.
As an integrated part of Color Health, our digital clinic aims to meet patients where they are, provide high-quality clinical care at scale, and utilize a technology-first approach to serve our communities.
Color Medical aims to provide care that is:
-Science-based: comprehensive, evidence-based treatment that is tailored to each individual’s unique needs and goals
-Accessible: we prioritize equity and accessibility in care, knowing that vulnerable patient populations need the most help in accessing affordable and high-quality care.
-Technology-driven: we utilize a convenient digital model where and when it matters most.
-Patient-centered: our patients are at the heart of everything we do.
-Scalable: our model is designed to reach as many patients as possible, regardless of where they live.
-The people we care for always come first
-Our opportunity is also our duty, in service to others
-Share facts to change minds, instill empathy to change hearts
-Move the industry forward: follow the data
-Strong individuals, stronger together
This is a contract role.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Provide comprehensive clinical care primarily over video, phone and messaging
- Manage patient evaluations and follow-up through preventative chronic care programs
- Prescribe medications, order lab testing and imaging as appropriate
- Follow best practices and company-specific guidelines for diagnosis and treatment
What We're Looking For:
- A friendly, compassionate physician who is excited about helping patients
- An MD or DO with a focus in primary care with a minimum of 5 years clinical practice experience in an outpatient primary care setting
- Minimum of 2-year telemedicine experience
- Board certified in Family or Internal Medicine
- Valid state medical license and in good standing - preference for multiple state licenses
- Familiarity with and experience in managing conditions that are common in primary care settings including diabetes, hyperlipidemia, obesity, STIs, behavioral health conditions, as well as acute care conditions like COVID-19
- Experience providing HIV pre- and post-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP/PEP) services to patients
- Experience counseling and managing care for individuals at higher than average cancer risk, including breast, colorectal, skin, prostate, cervical and lung cancers.
- Strong diagnostic skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Team-focused; effective collaboration. Serves both the team and the customer at a consistently high level
- Demonstrates problem-solving and analytical skills appropriate for the position
- Demonstrates high ethical standards of behavior, and alignment with Color Medical values
- Builds high-trust relationships and develops people by listening, coaching, and continuously providing effective feedback
- Takes initiative and demonstrates a high sense of ownership
- FT or PT needs; Full-time availability consists of a minimum of 32 hours per week and part-time minimum of 8 hours per week
Color is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process.
Mandatory Vaccination Policy Disclosure
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Color requires anyone working onsite or visiting Color’s offices to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is timely requested and approved. Please reach out if you have questions or concerns about this policy and how it may apply to your candidacy for a role with Color.