Senior Tech Transfer Scientist
Burlingame, California /
Tech Transfer /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
We are looking for someone to join our Tech Transfer team as a Senior Tech Transfer Scientist.
The tech transfer team critically assesses and develops new and modified assays, protocols and automation methods. The team takes responsibility for optimization, burn-in and troubleshooting of experimental processes as they move from R&D into production at scale.
In this role, you will utilize and leverage your experience with molecular techniques and laboratory automation to identify, mitigate, and correct assay issues that will potentially cause problems after transfer to the production environment.
This role acts as a key bridge between R&D and laboratory operations, providing directional and hands-on support to both. Additionally, you will work closely with members of the R&D and production teams in support of troubleshooting experimentation to enable efficient and scalable lab operations.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Plan validation and verification experiments
- Provide hands-on laboratory support for pre-transfer R&D, validation and burn-in experiments
- Provide technical expertise to the lab and R&D teams in final development stages of protocols
- Understand the laboratory workflow and work with the production team to identify and implement process optimizations that increase efficiency and stability
- Support training and technical support for laboratory staff on new protocols
- Provide troubleshooting and guidance to lab staff
- Maintain and update SOPs
- Work closely with lab QA and regulatory teams to provide documentation of protocols for QA, CLIA and EUA frameworks
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Strong background in molecular biology
- Proven track record of developing or transferring molecular biology applications
- Experience optimizing lab workflows, procedures and chemistries
- Hands-on experience with NGS methods and liquid handling equipment
- The ability to transfer knowledge, skills, and techniques to team members at all levels in the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work independently
- Eagerness to learn quickly in new areas
- B.S. with 5+ years relevant experience in a laboratory setting
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.