Burlingame, California /
Clinical Laboratory /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
We are looking for a Materials Handler to join our Laboratory Operations team and to perform daily materials management for a high throughput lab. This is a full time employment position.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Receive all inbound shipments at Color HQ and Lab and ensure all shipments are routed to the correct groups and space and ensure prompt and special handling of temperature sensitive materials. Coordinate incoming deliveries with vendors, freight companies and the procurement team.
- Perform daily stocking as well as inventory tracking of consumables in the laboratory by transferring materials from the main stockroom. Use the inventory management system to update received goods as well as used goods.
- Organize and maintain the main storage space and laboratory storage stations as required for ease of use and growing volume. Provide input for space and process optimizations as well as future storage solutions.
- Labelling, lotting, tracking of all received consumables. Work closely with the production team and manufacturing teams to ensure incoming materials are QC’ed and labelled appropriately for use.
- Match pack slips to purchase orders and work with Accounts Payable and Procurement to ensure an order has been fulfilled.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds and have the flexibility to potentially work on weekends
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Effective and Proactive communication skills, works well in a team environment, contributes ideas for process improvements to the team, and is an avid learner who thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Prior experience with receiving, shipping, stockroom, inventory counting, warehouse management.
- Handled materials that are on pallets, temperature sensitive (dry ice), large crates etc
- Experience with tools and equipment (such as pallet jacks, carts, utility carts, conveyor belts) to transport and move large quantities of materials.
- A good understanding of the purchasing, receiving, stocking and inventory tracking process.
- Experience with using inventory management systems.
- Experience with Excel and GSuite.
Nice to Have:
- A background in life science industries working with raw materials or consumables that require additional QC and special handling.
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.