Burlingame, California /
Supply Chain /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
We are looking for someone to join our Supply Chain organization to manage our team of warehouse specialists, create new and improved warehouse processes, & interface smoothly with lab operations and procurement. They will also manage warehousing shipping and receiving processes, ensure on time delivery or supplies, and take part in exciting and fast growth at Color. This is a full time employment position.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Audit and report inventory while making recommendations on which items to order and restock
- Manage warehouse associates, monitoring work and ensuring the safe use of warehouse equipmentEstablish warehouse practices and protocols to achieve an efficient warehouse, including implementing a Warehouse Management System
- Set warehouse and team goals in collaboration with management and other team leadsMonitor workplace performance and lead training initiatives to improve employees
- Take part in the day to day work of the warehouse, along with individual contributors
- Evaluate a possible implementation of vendor managed inventory for the clinical lab
- Keep up-to-date on the latest federal and state safety regulations
- Communicate with other departments to ensure products are shipped in a timely manner
- Communicating with management regularly regarding the efficient flow of goods and services affecting production
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Excellent leadership skills, including the abilities to set goals, motivate and manage conflict
- Effective communication skills, including writing, speaking and active listening
- Great interpersonal skills
- Good project management skills, including strong decision-making, problem-solving and strategic planning abilities
- Exceptional time management and organization skillsIn-depth understanding of industry and company best practices for the warehouse
- Familiarity with bookkeeping, inventory control practices and logistics
- Comfortable using inventory management software and other organizational applications
- 10+ years of experience in procurement and supply chain management
- Experience in a regulated industry
- ERP expertiseAble to work in a fast moving, chaotic environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to balance standard operating procedures with flexibility and responsiveness
Nice to Have:
- Experience directly in clinical laboratories, biotech or pharma
- ERP implementation experience
- Experience starting up a facility or lab
- APICS CPIM or CSCP certification
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.