Accounting Manager, General Ledger
Burlingame, California /
General & Admin – Finance /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
We are looking for an Accounting Manager, General Ledger to join our Finance team to support the growth of our accounting team and the company. As an Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for collectively driving the month-end process, reconciliation review, and enhancement of financial statement preparation and internal review process. You will also be accountable for the ongoing oversight of process improvement margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. We are looking for someone who has substantive knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, practices, processes, and procedures and will be involved in laying the foundation of a scalable accounting function.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Responsible for driving certain aspects of the month-end close process, which includes balance sheet reconciliations, ad-hoc analyses, trial balance reviews, and financial statement preparation, while adhering to tight deadlines
- Responsible for reviewing general ledger activity across all lines of business
- Improve account reconciliation process, drive deadlines, enhance deliverables as they pertain to the month-end close and financial statement preparation process
- Liaise with outside firms for audit and tax matters
- Establish and maintain accounting policies and procedures, as well as identify new policies and areas of improvement
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 5+ years of accounting related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, CPA preferred
- Experience in NetSuite or equivalent ERP system
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Google Suite
- Strong track record of building and managing successful teams, and an ability to manage and motivate team members in a changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with various levels of management and to influence others without formal authority
- Maintain a high level of integrity, confidentiality and professional skepticism
- Experience and skilled at working in a collaborative and fast moving environment
- Demonstrated the ability to identify organizational opportunities and to effectively implement new processes and internal controls preferred
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.