Lead Data Analyst, Healthcare Analytics
Burlingame, California /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
The Data Science and Analytics team at Color is tasked with turning our large and growing corpus of data into actionable insights to help individuals lead healthier lives. We have diverse backgrounds in biostatistics, machine learning, analytics, and engineering. We often work with other teams throughout the stack, from data exploration to scientific discovery, implementation, and product integration. Recent work led by our data scientists include a COVID-19 symptoms analysis, and an open-access clinical and genetic database available through Color Data.
How You'll Contribute:
- Lead a team of Data Analysts to build innovative data platform and analytics products for our commercial team, laboratory team, and external partners
- Help create, define, and execute a rigorous roadmap for new data analytics projects and infrastructure
- Mentor and recruit Data Analysts and Data Scientists to build a world class team
- Collaborate with engineering, product and commercial teams to deliver on major cross-functional projects
- Directly contribute to public health understanding of and response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic using data in aggregate from testing, patient questionnaires, and lab data
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 6+ years of experience in data analytics
- A demonstrated track record of driving and executing a data analytics roadmap
- 2+ years of experience leading or managing a data analytics team
- Strong working knowledge of statistical modeling and analysis
- You have experience working with SQL and Python
- You have experience designing and implementing data processing and ETL systems
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to present clearly and concisely to internal partners and key external clients
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with the healthcare space is a plus, but not required
Possible Projects To Contribute To:
- Lead the development of new external tools that help our partners to better understand COVID-19 testing results, access, and representation in their population
- Help our laboratory team optimize sample processing operations and guide protocol development to further increase our testing capacity and efficiency
- Carry out population-level data analysis and present insights to our partners, including health systems, employers, academic researchers, or public health programs
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.