Color believes that everyone deserves access to high-quality information they can use to improve and maintain their health. We are transforming how clinical-grade genetic testing is done by removing financial, educational, and geographic barriers. Our goal is to expand physician-supported access to genetic testing to help every person, everywhere understand their risk for hereditary disorders.
We are looking for someone to build the foundation of our IT team and help us meet the challenges of a scaling organization, by deploying novel solutions and improving our internal practices.
In this role, you will:
- Drive decision-making and strategic planning around future enterprise cloud software installations. Directly manage/own existing cloud platforms (including G Suite, JIRA, Slack, Salesforce) including vendor relationships and budgets.
- Manage identity and authentication for employees, external collaborators, and contractors, deploying and managing platforms like Okta and JumpCloud.
- Manage and provision hardware and devices across the company, including device policies, device management, and security policies (we currently use Addigy, Google MDM, and CrowdStrike).
- Grow and manage our internal telecommunications infrastructure (phones, conference rooms, video conferencing, audiovisual).
- Grow and manage our internal network infrastructure across our Burlingame facilities, including WAN/LAN, VPN, DNS, and DHCP.
- Work closely with our scientific/laboratory professionals to grow and manage our on-premises lab networking and compute infrastructure.
- Work closely with Finance to plan and manage our IT budgets for hardware and software.
- Work closely with Security Engineering to improve our internal information security and operational security practices.
- Work closely with People Ops to design and execute smooth onboarding/offboarding procedures.
- Manage our IT Helpdesk, providing end user support across MacOS (our primary OS), iOS, and Windows environments.
- As Color grows in future years, build and grow a small IT team to help the company scale.
You might be good fit if:
- You’re passionate about using software and technology to help save lives and prevent catastrophic disease. You want to apply your skills in the service of a greater mission.
- You are excited about collaborating with scientists/domain experts across Color’s organization. You’re an empathetic individual who excels at working with others and enjoys helping people 1:1.
- You are intrinsically motivated, able to execute independently (while being proactive about seeking input from colleagues).
- You’re a strong verbal and written communicator, with a focus on documentation and knowledge sharing.
- You’re fluent in administering a wide variety of platforms and systems, including Linux/Unix, Windows, MacOS, iOS, AWS, and Salesforce. You’re not dogmatic about using solutions you’ve seen before, and you can quickly ramp up to become fluent with new systems/platforms.
- You’re an accomplished individual contributor who loves being hands-on with technology and personally managing all the details
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.