Senior Research Associate, R&D
Burlingame, California /
Lab R&D /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
The R&D team at Color is a collaborative group of scientists and engineers dedicated to redefining the performance of our world-class laboratories. We are seeking a research associate who is passionate about our mission and willing to push the boundaries of our testing technologies. You will help drive efforts to innovate and enable more effective healthcare and the scaling of our platforms.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Contribute to the design of assays and devices for highly parallelized and efficient testing.
- Work closely with R&D team members to execute experiments and prototype new technologies.
- Collaborate with automation engineers and scientists to translate R&D work into the clinical lab.
- Present work externally at conferences, in peer-reviewed publications, and in open source media.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, or a related field.
- 4+ years relevant research experience in life sciences.
- Hands-on experience with molecular biology techniques to manipulate nucleic acids and/or proteins.
- Ability to perform data analysis with a basic understanding of underlying statistical principles.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Eagerness to learn quickly in new areas.
Nice to Have:
- Master’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, or a related field.
- Ability to perform scientific data analysis in a scientific programming language such as R or Python.
- Experience shipping methods and protocols into a clinical environment.
- Experience with liquid handling automation.
- Experience with NGS library preparation, serology, and/or infectious disease testing chemistries.
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.