People Operations Specialist
Recently named Rock Health 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is the leader in delivering advanced healthcare through clinical genetics. We make precision health programs accessible, convenient, and cost effective for everyone. Color partners with leading health systems, premier employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us program by the National Institutes of Health.
We are looking for a People Operations Specialist to join our growing People team! As our People Operations Specialist, you will be the first point of contact for our Color team, with responsibilities including onboarding/offboarding, performance management, systems reporting, and people program initiatives. If you are scrappy and a creative problem-solver that takes initiative in troubleshooting and finding solutions, this could be the role for you!
This role will partner directly with our People Operations Manager and sit within our People team.
In this role, you will:
- Provide day-to-day support to employees and leaders across the full employee lifecycle, including onboarding/offboarding, employment policies, benefits and payroll.
- Drive and recommend improvements to People programs and processes.
- Own the employee experience from offer acceptance to onboarding, ensuring a smooth and first-class experience
- Be the first point-of-contact for employee questions regarding benefits, systems, performance, company programs and policies.
- Stay on top of US federal and state employment laws (payroll, benefits, compliance, leave of absences).
- Process changes in our HRIS (BambooHR) and payroll systems.
- Manage our offboarding process, conduct exit interviews and analyze trends.
- Partner with the People team on other people program initiatives.
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years of People Ops or related experience in a fast-growing organization.
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated abilities to influence and collaborate cross-functionally.
- Ability to navigate through complex issues and systems.
- A “can-do” attitude with a growth mindset.
- An analytical mindset that thrives off of data.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment law including FMLA, CFRA and other CA leave laws.
- Experience with ADP, BambooHR, or similar HRIS.
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.