Total Rewards Manager
Burlingame, California /
General & Admin – People /
Named by Rock Health as the Best Digital Health Company to Work For, Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color is building and delivering technology-enabled healthcare to millions of people. Through partnerships with public and private partners including governments, employers and health systems, Color’s infrastructure and software enables large populations to receive essential healthcare services directly where they live or work. This includes testing and telehealth services for preventive health and infectious disease management.
Since March 2020, Color has mobilized to address the pandemic by leveraging its platform to scale COVID-19 testing programs around the country. Color’s platform is used by more than 100 major employers, universities and public health institutions, such as the City of San Francisco, the State of California and PerkinElmer, community-based efforts in Oakland, and others, to deliver critical health programs. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
By investing in the technology that ensures easy and affordable access to healthcare, Color is creating the infrastructure that will serve us for decades to come. Apply to join Color and do some of the most important work of your career. If you are not sure that you're 100% qualified, but are up for the challenge - we want you to apply!
We are looking for top talent to join our People Operations team as a Total Rewards Manager. You will use your expertise to lead all total rewards processes including, determination of competitive base and variable pay, merit, promotions, and equity. If you enjoy working cross-functionally to solve problems using data and organization planning; along with the desire to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced, and dynamic environments, this might be the role for you.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Design and optimize compensation and total rewards initiatives
- Develop flexible and competitive market-based total rewards programs
- Use benchmarks to keep track of compensation competitiveness, and evolve over time to meet the changing landscape of total rewards
- Identify potential opportunities, make recommendations, and provide leadership for internal and external offers to attract and retain top talent
- Implement compensation systems, tools, and processes
- Partner with People Operations, Recruiting, Finance, and Leadership to understand needs related to total rewards
- Provide perspectives, develop solutions, and education regarding total rewards
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- BA/BS degree and 5+ years demonstrated experience in total rewards, compensation, or related fields like Finance
- Demonstrated compensation and total rewards experience in the following areas: base salary, market pricing, variable pay and performance management, job evaluation, and data analysis
- Experience in research and cost modeling
- A track record of identifying problems and using strategic skills to drive appropriate solutions
- Desire to use consultative, influential, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet independently with senior leaders and present with confidence, impact, and influence
- Ability to handle shifting priorities and multitasking to deliver results and meet tight deadlines
- Experience with vendor selection and RFPs
- Experience with HRM software
- Strong expertise in quantitative analysis in Excel.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Detail orientation and a high degree of organization skills.
- Strategic mindset - comfortable thinking in short (one to two weeks ahead), medium (one to three months ahead), and long-term (one year plus) segments.
- Curiosity - A craving for innovation, working in creative environments, and constantly looking to challenge the status quo.
Nice to Have:
- Benefits administration experience including knowledge of health and welfare plans, Leaves, time off practices, and retirement plans
- High growth organization experience
- Tech and/or healthcare industry experience
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.