Burlingame, California /
General & Admin – Finance /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
We are looking for a highly motivated and bright Staff Accountant who is willing to roll up her/his sleeves to join our Accounting Team. As our Staff Accountant, you will play a key role in the day-to-day accounting and will report directly to the Accounting Manager. This role requires excellence in many areas of accounting as you will assist with accounts receivable, accounts payable, and other areas within the accounting function. This is a great position for you if you thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to grow your career in accounting.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Assist in the monthly close process
- Prepare journal entries and reconciliations
- Prepare and maintain operating cash schedules and support
- Prepare and maintain credit card schedules and support
- Prepare customer invoices, process customer payments, review and manager A/R aging reports and collections
- Process high volume vendor invoices, with correct consistent coding and ensure timely payments
- Able to identify fixed assets, prepaids and self assessment of use tax
- Successfully work with and communicate to business departments at all levels
- Assist in implementing accounting policies and procedures to ensure transactions are in accordance to GAAP
- Assist in annual financial and tax audits
- Perform other tasks and projects as assigned
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 3+ years accounting related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, CPA a plus
- Experience in NetSuite or equivalent ERP system
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Google Suite
- Strong organizational skills, time management and focus on quality and accuracy
- Ability to deliver results and meet expectations in a fast-paced environment
- Efficient and accurate in day-to-day responsibilities, but adaptable to changing priorities as they arise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skillsInternally motivated to seek out answers and generate ideas
- High degree of confidentiality, integrity and judgement
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.