Head of Data Science
Burlingame, California /
Recently named Rock Health 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is the leader in delivering advanced healthcare through clinical genetics. We make precision health programs accessible, convenient, and cost effective for everyone. Color partners with leading health systems, premier employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us program by the National Institutes of Health.
As Color grows, we are expanding our data science team to drive improvements across the company in product, growth, and laboratory operations. Our data science team tackles a range of challenges, such as helping Color reach a broader market, developing data-driven insights that guide our product roadmap, and combining machine learning with state-of-art genetics to improve health outcomes.
Some topics you’ll be working on include:
- Applying best-in-class, data-driven methods to broad information about people’s health, including genetics, medical records, and environmental factors.
- Providing insights on our business to help us understand our users and key challenges: identify and reason about metrics, participate in product strategy decision making, and champion the sound use of data throughout the company
- Working with our Engineering team to build infrastructure for large-scale data science and modeling, as well as external-facing products driven by this infrastructure.
Who we are looking for:
- We are looking for a motivated and proactive data science leader who will have a strong impact in each of these areas. You'll have opportunities to contribute both high-impact tactical analysis and exploratory data science that helps shape our future direction.
- You're well versed in the tools of the data science trade and a fast learner who's excited to dive into solving interesting problems in genetics and healthcare (or perhaps you already know a thing or two about these fields!). You'll take a proactive approach to leveraging data to help us grow and want to partner closely with engineering, product, laboratory, and business colleagues to build a data-driven culture across the company.
You might be a good fit if:
- You have a strong desire to work at the intersection of genomics, healthcare, and technology.
- You have an MS or PhD in a quantitative or computational field, and industry experience using data science to drive business growth and operational efficiency. Significant experience working with large data sets in Python or R and familiarity with core statistical concepts is a must.
- You’ve managed science or engineering teams.
- You have strong communication and presentation skills, and a knack for converting data-driven insights into actionable next steps
- Domain experience in genetics or healthcare analytics is a plus.
- Solid engineering skills, good familiarity with Python and Git.
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.