Senior User Researcher
Remote, USA /
Technical – Design /
Named by Rock Health as the Best Digital Health Company to Work For, Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color is building and delivering technology-enabled healthcare to millions of people. Through partnerships with public and private partners including governments, employers and health systems, Color’s infrastructure and software enables large populations to receive essential healthcare services directly where they live or work. This includes testing and telehealth services for preventive health and infectious disease management.
Since March 2020, Color has mobilized to address the pandemic by leveraging its platform to scale COVID-19 testing programs around the country. Color’s platform is used by more than 100 major employers, universities and public health institutions, such as the City of San Francisco, the State of California and PerkinElmer, community-based efforts in Oakland, and others, to deliver critical health programs. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
By investing in the technology that ensures easy and affordable access to healthcare, Color is creating the infrastructure that will serve us for decades to come. Apply to join Color and do some of the most important work of your career. If you are not sure that you're 100% qualified, but are up for the challenge - we want you to apply!
Join us and help build tools to fight a global pandemic.
From COVID-19 to genomics, Color has been on the forefront of population health. Our mission is to help everyone lead the healthiest life that science and medicine can offer. This role will generate insights to ensure we build experiences that help diverse populations stay safe, receive services, and be empowered. We need your expertise to quickly deliver experiences that are innovative, intuitive, and inclusive.
We are looking for an experienced senior, staff, or principal user researcher, who can develop foundational methods from the ground up to enable us to scale, design for inclusion, and launch products that will change healthcare for millions of people. You’ll be embedded on teams moving quickly and eager to act on the insights you generate.
How You'll Contribute:
- Collect and analyze user behavior through a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods, including usability studies, comprehension testing, field visits, and ethnographic research
- Be embedded with product managers, designers, content strategists, and engineers to gather and act on insights in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Drive our insights agenda by identifying and pursuing opportunities for both evaluative and generative research to make our products more available, accessible, and inclusive
- Lead the effort to develop a mixed-methods user research practice from the ground up
- Communicate out research findings to a broader audience thirsty for insights
- Collaborate with data scientists, clinical researchers, and thought leaders on more quantitatively intense projects and/or structured research partnerships, with the opportunity to publish your findings to a wider audience
- Understand and incorporate complex regulatory, business, and technical requirements
- Champion human-centered approaches to ensure our products are available, accessible, and inclusive
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 5+ years UX research experience working on a cross-functional team releasing consumer or enterprise products
- A track record leading research throughout the product development cycle, from framing problems to making product improvements
- Experience in wielding both qualitative and quantitative methods, including behavioral data analysis and survey design
- An analytical mind and curious soul invested in working collaboratively on tough problems facing millions of people, and the clarity to break down complex problems into simple questions
- Experience embracing constraints and negotiating trade-offs
- The ability to tell a story that aligns, inspires, and incites action
- Case studies showcasing how you frame problems, gather insights, and ultimately impact product experiences
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.