Strategic Account Manager
Burlingame, California /
Business Development /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
In both its genomic and COVID-19 testing business, Color has seen a significant growth in its customer base across multiple segments which include enterprise, government, education, life sciences and research customers. As such, Color is looking for a strategic account manager to help manage, build successful relationships, and make sure we meet and exceed objectives and expectations for our most important and strategic partners.
The Strategic Account Manager is a customer facing role that will focus on building trust-based relationships with customers, successfully oversee and manage the delivery of high priority accounts, and drive customer retention and growth. This person will also contribute to growing our team and help standardize and improve our processes for delivering to our customers and continue scaling up across our different customer segments. They will work and interface internally with a large cross-functional team, including Commercial, Product, Engineering, Clinical Operations, Scientific Affairs.
How You'll Contribute:
- Serve as the primary relationship owner and manage a portfolio of strategic accounts. Find creative ways to reduce friction and make our customer experience and implementation more seamless
- Exceed customer’s expectations and convert customers into Color champions, and leverage success for case studies
- Oversee and manage the delivery of programs to strategic customers, leading a team that brings in Commercial, Scientific Affairs, Product, Bioinformatics, Lab, Engineering, Legal and other key cross-functional members to ensure customer needs are met to the highest standards
- Identify opportunities for growth and additional value creation for strategic accounts
- Contribute to product roadmap planning and gather critical feedback from customers and patients. Champion new product offerings with customers
- Effectively identify, raise and resolve issues and risks as they come up
- Identify and support opportunities that enable Color to reach our growth, profitability, and best-in-class operational goals
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- A bachelor's degree (health or life science discipline preferred) plus a minimum of 5 years of experience or an advanced degree (MS/PhD/MBA) plus a minimum of 3 years’ experience, preferably in consulting, healthcare, or life sciences
- Experience managing large scale, complex engagements. Led cross-functional projects with high visibility.
- Track record of working directly with executive level customers
- Ability to thrive in a multi-stakeholder environment, to create a sense of urgency and to rally teams to meet customer objectives
- A keen attention to detail, motivation to drive continuous improvement, and ability to solve problems creatively
- Process oriented mindset, focused on making sure customer milestones and deliverables are successfully met
- Excitement for tackling and building processes around new challenges
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.