Color believes that everyone deserves access to high-quality information they can use to improve and maintain their health. We are transforming how clinical-grade genetic testing is done by removing financial, educational, and geographic barriers. Our goal is to expand physician-supported access to genetic testing to help every person, everywhere understand their risk for hereditary disorders.
The current state of healthcare is untenable.
Companies and health systems responsible for the care of large populations are facing stratospheric costs. Doctors are so busy with paperwork that they don’t have the time to form relationships with their patients. And patients find a deepening contrast between their health experience and the rest of their lives where technology has shifted our expectations for cost, service, transparency and immediacy.
Healthcare is woefully behind. Its infrastructure (buildings, jobs and services) are designed around sick-care and around diagnosing and treating disease after it is already present.
User research can make a huge difference.
We’re looking for a passionate User Experience Researcher to help design the systems and tools that carry patient context into care such that patients are diagnosed at the earliest possible time, tracked longitudinally and are conveniently connected to services that help them stay healthy and better manage disease. Your research will help us discover new needs and launch products that will change healthcare for millions of people.
What you’ll do:
- Collect and analyze user behavior through a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods such as usability studies, field visits, ethnography, surveys, benchmark studies, web analytics, and online experiments (A/B testing)
- Collaborate with data scientists and scientific researchers on more quantitatively intense or formal research projects
- Partner with cross-functional team to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Understand and incorporate complex regulatory, business and technical requirements into research
- Communicate and integrate research findings to a diverse audience through written reports and in-person presentations
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years UX research experience with a consumer product
- Experience conducting interviews, contextual field visits and usability studies either live or remote
- Experience with self-directed data analysis in Excel. SQL and Tableau experience is a plus
- Understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills
- Dedication to shipping the best product, within real-world constraints
- You have an MA/MS or PhD in a related field, like psychology, human factors, human-computer interaction, information sciences, sociology, or marketing
- Portfolio showcasing your work
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.