Support Team Manager
Burlingame, California /
Clinical – Support /
Named by Rock Health as the Best Digital Health Company to Work For, Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color is building and delivering technology-enabled healthcare to millions of people. Through partnerships with public and private partners including governments, employers and health systems, Color’s infrastructure and software enables large populations to receive essential healthcare services directly where they live or work. This includes testing and telehealth services for preventive health and infectious disease management.
Since March 2020, Color has mobilized to address the pandemic by leveraging its platform to scale COVID-19 testing programs around the country. Color’s platform is used by more than 100 major employers, universities and public health institutions, such as the City of San Francisco, the State of California and PerkinElmer, community-based efforts in Oakland, and others, to deliver critical health programs. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
By investing in the technology that ensures easy and affordable access to healthcare, Color is creating the infrastructure that will serve us for decades to come. Apply to join Color and do some of the most important work of your career. If you are not sure that you're 100% qualified, but are up for the challenge - we want you to apply!
We are looking for a strong Support Manager to join our growing Support team. The successful candidate will focus on all aspects of customer satisfaction and care and provide creative solutions and clarity for our customers, alongside supporting, coaching, and managing a remote team of Customer Support Agents. This role will be required to operate in a shift pattern on various schedules.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Ensure the support team will troubleshoot, and resolve all customer-reported issuesResolve escalated customer issues.
- Define and implement escalation processes for customer inquiries to customer support agents.
- Deploy strategies to ensure support metrics and team goals are on track.
- Develop Support procedures, policies, and standards.
- Keep records and document customer support actions.
- Compile and analyze data to provide accurate reports to internal stakeholders.
- Hold accountable, mentor, and develop customer support representatives.
- Stay up to date on industry developments and support function best practices to areas of improvement.
- Collaborate across support and other teams to remove blockers, address inefficiencies, and ensure timely resolution of escalated issues.
- Manage escalated customer issues at all times, including weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Monitor, review, and report on escalations to leadership, making recommendations for continuous improvement of processes.
- Develop training plans and identify/build subject matter experts within the organization.
- Develop and contribute to troubleshooting documents, best practices, and other knowledge articles for internal use.
- Proactive interactions to better understand the voice of the customer.
- Manage SLAs.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
- At 5+ years’ of experience in a support position, and at least 2 year of experience managing and leading a team, 1 year of experience managing remote teams.
- Ability to lead people, tasks, and projects.
- Customer-focused and action-oriented.
- Able to motivate a team and encourage them to seek out process improvements.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize the critical few, and delegate work appropriately.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with CRM/ERP Systems and associated analytical tools.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work independently
Nice to Have:
- Able to empathize with users and team members and quickly grasp the issues they're facing
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.