Staff Product Designer
Burlingame, California /
Recently named by Rock Health as the 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is a leading healthcare technology company. Color makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. Color works with health systems, employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us Research Program by the National Institutes of Health.
Since March, Color has mobilized to repurpose core parts of its infrastructure for a massive COVID-19 response and helped fundamentally change the access model for COVID-19 testing across massive public health programs (including the City of San Francisco and community-based efforts in Oakland), major U.S. employers, and universities. For more information about Color and its response to COVID-19, visit www.color.com.
We are looking for an experienced Staff Product Designer to lead the design of systems and tools that improve healthcare access and quality for millions of people. Learn more about the team here!
How You'll Contribute:
- Identify and lead the team in executing on seemingly simple, elegant user experiences, based on analysis of complex user needs, nuanced regulations, technical constraints, and business goals
- Work with team leads to define product direction
- Mentor and provide feedback to other designers
- Collaborate closely with an unusual and effective mix of roles: in addition to content strategists, UX researchers, PMs, and engineers, you’ll also design products with genetic counselors, variant scientists, and scientific researchers
- Evolve healthcare design best practices towards a more compassionate, progressive, and accessible future
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 8+ years of in-house product design experience
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrated ability to help a team navigate ambiguity, and set vision and strategy
- Excitement in designing across modalities: mobile, desktop, print, services
- A collaborative approach to (and love for) design
- Passion for Color’s mission and deep empathy for customers
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.