Senior Product Designer
Color believes that everyone deserves access to high-quality information they can use to improve and maintain their health. We are transforming how clinical-grade genetic testing is done by removing financial, educational, and geographic barriers. Our goal is to expand physician-supported access to genetic testing to help every person, everywhere understand their risk for hereditary disorders.
The current state of healthcare is untenable.
Companies and health systems responsible for the care of large populations are facing stratospheric costs. Doctors are so busy with paperwork that they don’t have the time to form relationships with their patients. And patients find a deepening contrast between their health experience and the rest of their lives where technology has shifted our expectations for cost, service, transparency and immediacy.
Healthcare is woefully behind. Its infrastructure (buildings, jobs and services) are designed around sick-care and around diagnosing and treating disease after it is already present.
Design will make the difference.
We’re looking for passionate product designers to design the systems and tools that carry patient context into care such that patients are diagnosed at the earliest possible time, tracked longitudinally and are conveniently connected to services that help them stay healthy and better manage disease. You should be an excellent communicator, an analytical thinker, and an adventurous, empathetic creator.
What you'll do:
- Translate complex user needs, technical constraints, and business goals into thoughtful, effective user experiences
- Design across modalities: mobile, desktop, print, services
- Contribute to the development and documentation of Color’s design guidelines and pattern library
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers to raise our bar for quality
- Make systems that can improve millions of lives!
What we're looking for:
- Consumer product design experience, spanning ideation to implementation
- 5+ years of product design experience
- Collaborative approach to (and love for) design
- Strong communication skills for articulating, discussing, and advocating for design decisions
- Dedication to shipping the best product, within real-world constraints
- Online portfolio showcasing your work
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.