Senior Product Designer
Burlingame, California /
Recently named Rock Health 'Best Digital Health Company to Work For,' Color is the leader in delivering advanced healthcare through clinical genetics. We make precision health programs accessible, convenient, and cost effective for everyone. Color partners with leading health systems, premier employers, and national health initiatives around the world including the million-person All of Us program by the National Institutes of Health.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to lead the design of the end-to-end product experience for everyone on our platform. This includes everyone from people receiving Color results showing a positive result for cancer risk, to doctors wanting to understand how a certain medication will affect their patient, to employers concerned about the aggregate health of their workforce. With privacy top of mind and empathy in full effect, your work will directly impact people’s lives—and will push at the boundaries of product design in the healthcare space.
Learn more about our work here!
What you'll do:
- Develop the new baseline user experience for how people receive, manage, and understand their genetics and disease risk
- Change how health data is permissioned, presented, and perceived; shift “preventive health” from a buzzword into a phrase that truly empowers patients with the knowledge to act on their health risks and tools to detect major diseases early
- Design across modalities: mobile, desktop, print, services
- Collaborate closely with in-house geneticists, variant scientists, genetic counselors, and scientific researchers alongside content strategists, product managers and software engineers to create novel solutions to longstanding problems in healthcare
- Evolve healthcare design best practices towards a more compassionate, progressive, and accessible future
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of product design experience, spanning ideation to implementation
- A collaborative approach to (and love for) design
- Strong communication skills for articulating, discussing, and advocating for design decisions
- Dedication to shipping the best product, within real-world constraints
- Online portfolio showcasing your work
Color is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.