Remote; New York, Washington, D.C.; Oakland, CA; Los Angeles, CA /
Campaigns – Digital /
Covid 19 Remote
Color Of Change is one of the largest Black-led racial justice organizations in the country with more than 7 million email and SMS subscribers. We specialize in providing our members with easy, strategic actions to take in response to racial injustices—that when added with the voices of others—create the leverage for winning real-world change for Black people.
From challenging injustice to pushing back against Silicon Valley enablers of white supremacists, Color Of Change has a track record of holding decision-makers — corporate and political — accountable to Black people.
The Digital Director should be an experienced, creative, innovative leader looking to be part of a dynamic team to implement compelling ad campaigns. The Digital Director is responsible for leading the Color Of Change’s digital advertising program and proactively identifying opportunities to drive engagement and brand awareness. Drawing on their experience with digital media and project management, this role will be leading and building an in-house ad digital program team.
This position reports to the Deputy Senior Director and responsibilities include:
- Dedication to the mission of Color Of Change and ability to effectively use a Black/racial justice frame of reference to write, plan and execute integrated digital campaigns.
- Collaborate across Campaigns to identify the best advocacy and fundraising actions to use in paid advertising.
- Lead testing and audience analysis to gain insights into our core demographic to develop program benchmarks and goals.
- Closely track engagement program analytics to understand what messages and tactics are working, and how they can be improved. Analyze performance and report insights from messaging in coordination with the Data and Digital departments.
- Produce timely, accurate reports and updates on ad campaign budget, spending, progress, data, and evaluation as requested.
- Oversee and execute direct mail campaigns creation from start to finish. Work with vendors to develop schedules, coordinate internal and external feedback, and manage all of the digital direct mail initiatives and activities.
- Manage relationships with vendors, compliance, and partners.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS: The right candidate will have a strong mix of the following:
- A strong racial justice analysis, and a commitment to centering and uplifting Black joy
- At least 5 years of experience developing a strategy for winning digital campaigns, including digital advertising, media planning, acquisition, and advocacy
- High proficiency with major digital advertising platforms like Facebook Ads and/or Google Ads (both preferred)
- An analytic mind and a curiosity for data-driven online organizing - previous experience with digital programs is a BIG plus
- Ability to work nimbly in a fast-paced environment, regularly beating deadlines and setting/exceeding expectations
- Expertise in writing and editing advertising content
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Working familiarity of how to implement digital tactics and experience in key CRM platforms (ActBlue, ActionKit, NewMode, Upland)
Click the "Apply for this position" link and submit a resume and COC-specific cover letter. Your cover letter should include an answer to the question: Why do you want to work at Color Of Change?
The salary for the Digital Director position is $110,000 - $110,000 per year. This is a full-time exempt position. Color Of Change also offers a competitive benefits package.
Color Of Change (COC) is an equal opportunity employer. COC prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.