Digital Fundraising Director
Remote; New York, Washington, D.C.; Oakland, CA; Los Angeles, CA /
Campaigns – Digital /
Covid 19 Remote
Color Of Change is one of the largest Black-led racial justice organizations in the country with more than 7 million email and SMS subscribers. We specialize in providing our members with easy, strategic actions to take in response to racial injustices—that when added with the voices of others—create the leverage for winning real-world change for Black people.
From challenging injustice to pushing back against Silicon Valley enablers of white supremacists, Color Of Change has a track record of holding decision-makers — corporate and political — accountable to Black people.
Since its founding in 2005, Color Of Change has successfully mobilized our members to donate in support of our campaigns via various digital channels. With the organization’s significant growth in 2020, surging to more than 7 million members, we are seeking to hire an experienced Digital Fundraising Director who can maximize and optimize our effectiveness in acquiring, retaining, and cultivating grassroots donors online.
This role will be the lead strategist in developing our digital fundraising program and building a team to meet this historic moment, including improving the long-term sustainability of our recurring fundraising program to solidify increasing monthly support.
This position reports to the Senior Director and responsibilities include:
● Lead the development of an innovative long-term strategic plan to increase the effectiveness of Color Of Change’s digital fundraising to own and meet goals
● Lead the development of Color Of Change’s recurring/monthly donation fundraising strategy to increase performance and meet fundraising goals
● Contribute to digital donors and list growth planning as a foundational driver to increasing fundraising performance
● Strategically manage end-of-year fundraising plans, in collaboration with teams across the organization
● Deepen Color Of Change’s vision for how increased small-donor fundraising builds organizational power and independence in the conduct of winning campaigns
● Identify, develop, and drive the optimization of high-performing fundraising campaigns, especially in rapid-response moments
● Develop effective multi-channel digital fundraising campaigns driven by robust testing strategies connecting with programs across the organization
● Manage and consistently administer fundraising best practices, including potential merchandise campaigns and collaboration with influencers
Data & Measurement
● Rigorously analyze data, report the impact of our digital fundraising and learn, learn, learn to quickly apply insights
● Establish revenue and key performance indicators and test all messages to propose clear benchmarks and goals to optimize member giving, including recurring revenue
● Seek to achieve clear, measurable gains at each step of the fundraising conversion process
● Organize and coordinate convening, team meetings and retreats, and other special projects in order to build out your department’s campaign strategy and build the capacity for winning on it
● Work with Development and our Board to adjust processes and practices that strategically align with optimal fundraising, engagement, growth, and impact goals
● Regularly convene progress-to-goals meetings responsible for optimizing fundraising to share best practices and establish a learning community, providing formal training when necessary and helpful to individual campaigners or specific teams
● Any other duties as assigned by management
Qualifications: A qualified candidate should possess:
- A strong racial justice analysis, informed by campaign experience, with an ability to effectively evaluate fundraising strategy through a Black/racial justice lens that results in compelling and effective campaign narratives; ideal candidates will have 5 years+ previous experience working with racial justice-oriented coalitions, organizations, and campaigns
- Experience developing content for a high-volume email program, including rapid-response campaigns
- A demonstrated track record of effective fundraising using a list-based email program and digital fundraising best practices
- General experience with Color Of Changes’s full range of campaign technology and CRMs, including ActionKit and ActBlue
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, driven by fundraising optimization and testing knowledge
- Strong interpersonal communication skills: Ability to present, explain, convince, coach, and troubleshoot with a wide set of stakeholders
- Ability to effectively manage staff and pitch digital tactics and strategies into actionable next steps so team members can take the next steps and successfully execute
- An entrepreneurial spirit that uses creativity to uncover novel pathways
- Excellent attention to detail
- A professional demeanor, strong integrity, low ego, and self-motivated drive to consistently perform at a high level
- A willingness to work some nights and infrequent weekends, when necessary, to keep projects on pace and meet goals in a fast-paced environment
HOW TO APPLY
Click the "Apply for this position" link and submit a resume and COC-specific cover letter. Your cover letter should include an answer to the question: Why do you want to work at Color Of Change?
The salary for the Digital Fundraising Director position is $110,000 - $110,000 per year. This is a full-time exempt position. Color Of Change also offers a competitive benefits package.
Color Of Change (COC) is an equal opportunity employer. COC prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.