Marketing Manager China (m/f/d) - Gamers Wanted
ComboStrike – Marketing /
ComboStrike is a full-service marketing agency focused exclusively on the gaming industry, with offices in Berlin, Shanghai and Los Angeles.
Our company helps publishers develop and execute the right marketing strategy in order to promote their games efficiently. ComboStrike offers a wide range of services, including strategy development, creative services, digital and influencer marketing, PR and events. Its clients include Epic Games, Konami, Tencent, Wargaming, Travian Games, Wildworks and Kakao Games. ComboStrike’s philosophy is to team up with their clients and offer the support needed to develop the right mix of brand and performance activations in order to create a healthy, efficient full-marketing funnel.
ComboStrike is a brand of the ComboStrike group, which has its origins in the performance marketing pioneer ad2games, an agency focused on free-to-play game launched 11 years ago. Its sister company, nevaly, was founded in 2015 with a focus on managing influencer talent.
With us you have the chance to join a team of high performers with whom you can spend eons discussing gaming and pop-culture and who are responsible for developing clever marketing campaigns for the biggest names in the industry. If you are an expert on all things marketing and gaming is your passion then we might be looking just for you. The role is based in Shanghai.
- Develop unforgettable marketing narratives across all digital and offline channels
- Work closely with our international teams to devise a story-driven, cohesive marketing strategy, and rollout plan for our clients based on the product-specific USPs and clients KPIs
- Advise our clients on go-to-market strategy, target audience, messaging, timing, channel selection, market research, media strategy, KPI consulting and forecasting
- Ensure the creation, publication and overseeing the production of all marketing materials (advertising assets, messaging, event assets, etc…) and make sure they are in line with the strategy and industry standards
- Lead efforts in creative development, media strategy, influencer marketing, PR, events, social media, OOH and CTV
- Monitor the marketing budget and KPIs on a regular basis and ensure the media spend is according to the defined marketing strategy
- Be the expert on the newest industry trends and developments, hold periodic workshops internally
- Gaming is your lifelong passion!
- Solid experience in a marketing role, ideally in an international game marketing agency or game publisher marketing department with a proven track record
- Educational background in Marketing, Communication, Business or similar fields
- Experienced in creating and executing complex and cohesive brand building strategies
- Self-motivated, quick learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is always one step ahead
- Excellent communication skills in Chinese and English
- Readiness to travel to client visits and to some major industry events
- BONUS: Previous experience with GaaS, mobile games or advertising firms
What do we offer?
An international and vibrant working environment working closely with a truly multicultural team of gamers on some of the top titles in the entertainment industry. You receive an unlimited contract from the beginning and are part of our fast-paced, fun company culture built around games and social events.
Interested? Tell us why gaming is part of your life and apply with your CV and other relevant documents online!