Data Engineer H/F
Paris area /
As a Data Engineer, you will ensure our Data Warehouse and all Data Exchanges workflows between our different pieces of software (internal and existing on the shelf packages) are 100% reliable & trustworthy.
We don't need an architect focusing on a vision, but a rock star developer business oriented able to build and maintain data workflow among our backend infrastructure as well as pushing BI tools further. You will be working closely with both our engineering team and our business users, understanding and challenging business and engineering teams processes to model them better using data.
Your Missions (if you accept it) :
* Turn the Data infrastructure into a unique source of truth, reliable and available to all :
- Bridge business users needs to data pipeline
- Identify weaknesses and engineer axes of improvement of the lake and warehouse, refactor consequently with programming best practices.
- Implement and apply Data Warehousing technologies and methodologies
- Support data integrity and reliability
* Be a Data technical referent :
- Help our software engineers in building the best data containers and workflows stay aware of technological data innovations
- Develop critical thinking of the current and future data models of business processes at Comet
- Adopt a business mindset and set-up the data exchanges and workflows accordingly
* Ensure high-quality work by adopting a true developer methodology :
- Adopt our current development methodology (Agile, Gitlab, CI/CD)
- Code versioning
- Code peer review
- Continuous testing
- 3 years of experience as a Back-end / Data engineer.
- World class SQL
- Excel / GSheet
- Data Modelling and ETL Warehousing knowledge (Data Vault, Star schema etc)
- Version Control (Git) & code reviews
- Looker / LookML
- Team Spirit
- Details oriented
- Strong communication skills and customer empathy, capable of pushing for the best solution with tact
- Critical thinking
Must Have :
Nice to Have :
and of course .. :