HD Mapping Engineer
comma.ai is bringing ghostriding to the masses. We have over 7,000,000 miles of 20+ FPS video from thousands of users driving with our dashcam app, chffr, and more than one thousand developers around the globe driving with our open source driving agent, openpilot.
openpilot currently supports more than 5 million cars in US alone, including more than 50 different makes, models and model years. We also sell EON Dashcam DevKit, which integrates with the comma ecosystem and can run openpilot.
We're looking for motivated and intelligent engineers to join our team in our San Francisco office. Bonus if you've done well at math competitions (USAMO, IMO, PUTNAM) and competition programming (IOI, ACM, USACO, Code Jam, Topcoder). We offer competitive salaries and typical startup perks, including a gym membership, chef-cooked meals and unlimited snacks.
• Work with large amounts of data gathered from real world drivers
• Develop methods and tools to visualize and manipulate generated maps
• Use GPS, radar and visual cues to develop HD maps to help our cars drive
• Lead efforts to release open source HD maps
• Fluent in Python, C, C++
• Experience with realtime sensor fusion
• Know things about SLAM/ROS and other localization tools