Full Stack Engineer
comma.ai is bringing ghostriding to the masses. We have over 7,000,000 miles of 20+ FPS video from thousands of users driving with our dashcam app, chffr, and more than one thousand developers around the globe driving with our open source driving agent, openpilot.
openpilot currently supports more than 5 million cars in US alone, including more than 50 different makes, models and model years. We also sell EON Dashcam DevKit, which integrates with the comma ecosystem and can run openpilot.
We're looking for motivated and intelligent engineers to join our team in our San Francisco office. Bonus if you've done well at math competitions (USAMO, IMO, PUTNAM) and competition programming (IOI, ACM, USACO, Code Jam, Topcoder). We offer competitive salaries and typical startup perks, including a gym membership, chef-cooked meals and unlimited snacks.
• Design, build, and implement web applications for internal and external use
• Design and implement scalable APIs and backend services
• Support drive processing and mapping data pipelines
• Shipped both frontend and backend applications
• Good understanding of web development (CSS, HTML, HTTP, etc.)
• Comfortable hopping around our stack: from embedded (see: comma.ai panda) to cloud
NICE TO HAVE
• Experience with Android/iOS SDK
*Here's our programming challenge if you'd rather try it first. We love applications with programming challenges*
Below are trips from our dash cam users in the SF Bay Area, each of which is a JSON file containing an array of coordinates and speed (m/s) sampled at once per second. Build a performant web app containing an interactive map visualizing the distribution of speeds among these trips. All trips should be simultaneously visible on the map.