comma.ai is bringing ghostriding to the masses. We have over 7,000,000 miles of 20+ FPS video from thousands of users driving with our dashcam app, chffr, and more than one thousand developers around the globe driving with our open source driving agent, openpilot.
openpilot currently supports more than 5 million cars in US alone, including more than 50 different makes, models and model years. We also sell EON Dashcam DevKit, which integrates with the comma ecosystem and can run openpilot.
We're looking for motivated and intelligent engineers to join our team in our San Francisco office. Bonus if you've done well at math competitions (USAMO, IMO, PUTNAM) and competition programming (IOI, ACM, USACO, Code Jam, Topcoder). We offer competitive salaries and typical startup perks, including a gym membership, chef-cooked meals and unlimited snacks.
• Design and develop experiences for product and services that are intuitive and exceptionally well crafted
• Be responsible for any material (website, online shop, mobile apps etc...) that interfaces comma with the rest of the world
• Design and develop what is displayed on the screen of our products
• Plan, execute and manage campaigns to drive product growth
• Be very good at JS, HTML, React
• Experience shipping quality designs at scale (mobile, gaming, 10-foot UI)
*Here's our programming challenge if you'd rather try it first. We love applications with programming challenges*
Below are trips from our dash cam users in the SF Bay Area, each of which is a JSON file containing an array of coordinates and speed (m/s) sampled at once per second. Build a performant web app containing an interactive map visualizing the distribution of speeds among these trips. All trips should be simultaneously visible on the map.