comma.ai is bringing ghostriding to the masses. We have over 7,000,000 miles of 20+ FPS video from thousands of users driving with our dashcam app, chffr, and more than one thousand developers around the globe driving with our open source driving agent, openpilot.
openpilot currently supports more than 5 million cars in US alone, including more than 50 different makes, models and model years. We also sell EON Dashcam DevKit, which integrates with the comma ecosystem and can run openpilot.
We're looking for motivated and intelligent engineers to join our team in our San Francisco office. Bonus if you've done well at math competitions (USAMO, IMO, PUTNAM) and competition programming (IOI, ACM, USACO, Code Jam, Topcoder). We offer competitive salaries and typical startup perks, including a gym membership, chef-cooked meals and unlimited snacks.
• Write low level Linux kernel drivers for sensors (cameras, accelerometer, gyros, etc)
• Integrate NEOS with our new hardware
• Work closely with EE to define hardware specifications
• Own the middle layer between hardware and software
• Know about device trees
• Know about I2C, SPI, & USB; know the pros and cons of each of them
• Fluent in C / C++ / Python
• Experience with Qualcomm processors is a plus
• Experience with reverse engineering is a huge plus!
• Contribution to open source projects is great