Senior Java Developer (Fully Remote)
Berlin, Germany /
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT /
We are finbyte, a tech company based in Berlin helping businesses build fintech solutions and gain momentum to launch innovative offerings. Finbyte brings Commencis’ extensive experience in software & product development and strong talent together with FinLeap’s dominant presence as Europe’s leading fintech ecosystem.
On a mission to thrive fintechs and enterprises in the era of disruption, Finbyte aims to create momentum and accelerate future-minded companies.
We are looking for team members to develop state-of-the-art technology and contribute to innovative projects that will help reshape the future of finance.
Join us to build the backbone of pioneering companies.
The position in a nutshell:
finbyte is in search of a Senior Java Developer who will be responsible for the complete lifecycle of a scalable, secure and well designed software products from research and design to implementation. You’ll be working closely with designers, analysts, quality assurance and other teams to translate each design into real-life products.
- Writing well designed, reusable, testable and secure code by applying best software development practices
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability and performant applications
- Design & Implementation of RESTful APIs for user facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Integration of Legacy systems through async communication
- Collaborating in a multidisciplinary and international team
- Participating and conducting code reviews
- Discovering, learning and implementing new technologies
Qualifications & Experience
- BSc/MSc/PhD degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience in architecting, designing and implementing large scale systems
- Proficiency with Java 7/8 and Spring Framework (Boot, MVC, Data, Cloud, Security etc.)
- Experience with Service-oriented architecture, microservices and REST APIs
- Experience with Relational Database Systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server etc.)
- Knowledge of Message & Event-driven Architectures
- Knowledge of Cloud Services (especially AWS and related AWS Services)
- Good understanding of fundamental design principles for a scalable application
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Proficiency in code versioning tools such as Git
- Strong sense of analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly Effective time management and multitasking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, German is a plus
Nice to have
- Experience and understanding of CI/CD principles
- Understanding of Infrastructure as a Code paradigm
- Familiarity with non-relational databases such as MongoDB, Couchbase, DynamoDB, Cassandra etc.
- Proficiency in distributed systems and concurrent programming
- Experience with build tools such as Maven
- Knowledge of containerized systems and experience with Docker Swarm and/or Kubernetes
- Experience or willing to learn large scale stream processing technologies
- Experience with software development tools such as Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, JIRA
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies
- Contributions to OpenSource projects
Tell us why you’re the right one to join our team. Apply now through Linkedin or e-mail.