Installation Technician Shift Supervisor: East Bay
San Leandro, CA
Common Networks was founded on the idea that everyone should have a choice for fast, affordable access to broadband internet. Right now, most homes in the U.S. don't. In fact, 62% of homes live in a monopoly broadband market. High-speed access unlocks all the superpowers on the internet. When it works, it can be a great leveling force across the world, giving everyone access to educational tools, entertainment, immediate translations, or even medical care that they wouldn’t otherwise have.
Common Networks provides suburban neighborhoods with internet using wireless technology. We interconnect homes in a neighborhood, creating a mesh network between homes and our fiber internet sources. A whole community can then have fast and reliable internet service with only a few locations needing fiber access.
As the Installation Technician Shift Supervisor, you will provide leadership, direction, and hands on support to a team of Installation Technicians as they install, configure, and troubleshoot wireless equipment on rooftops and in the homes of our customers. Safety will be you and your team’s # 1 priority above all else. This position is responsible for the safety and management of the daily activities of all Installation Technician team members on your shift (Sunday through Wednesday and Wednesday through Saturday).
- Ensure responsiveness and first time resolution to installation and service call tickets while adhering to company quality and safety standards.
- Ensure quality control checks are completed satisfactorily; resolve escalated customer problems as necessary.
- Provide quality assurance support and direction to field staff regarding new or existing technologies.
- Perform field safety observations and quality control checks in accordance with company Technical Quality Assurance (TQA) requirements. Resolves and proactively prevents customer escalations.
- Establish positive employee relations through effective individual and team communication and provide ongoing support.
- Regularly observe and mentor employees in regard to safety, quality, productivity and well-being.
- Coordinate and reinforce employee training to ensure Technical Quality Assurance (TQA) standards of the company are met.
- Perform practical field evaluations to verify technical competencies and safe practices; provides necessary feedback.
- Ensure staff has and maintains necessary company-issued tools and equipment.
- As necessary, perform installation work or complete tickets
- A hands on problem solver.
- Naturally curious and have a self-starter personality with hustle.
- Someone who doesn't need to wait for people to tell you what to work on.
- A strong multi-tasker with an ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- A leader and someone who puts the health and welfare of your team at the forefront of everything you do.
- Someone who wants to help your team members when the opportunity arises.
- 3-5 years of experience in Internet installation, Telecommunications or related fields
- A valid California Driver's License with satisfactory driving record.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with internal and external customers, and manage a team.
- Experience with building things and working with your hands.
- Able to work comfortably on a roof and climb ladders up to 40 feet in length.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time, lift up to 75 pounds, work in tight spaces, including attics and crawl spaces and work outside in extreme weather conditions, including precipitation and temperature variations.
You Might Also Have
- Previous experience as a team leader / supervisor
Equal Employment Opportunity
Common Networks is committed to being an equal opportunity employer – we evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.