Competition Practice – Berlin
We are one of the world’s leading economic consulting firms. We strive to recruit and develop talented people to work together to produce meaningful economic analysis of exceptional quality, and to create a positive impact on our clients and society.
Our European Competition Practice provides expert economic advice on competition policy, economic and financial regulation, public policy and the assessment of damages in complex disputes. We are looking to hire economists to help us to provide advice to our clients on some of the most high-profile cases before the European Commission, the General Court and national competition authorities, regulators and courts.
We believe that working in diverse teams, where everybody’s views are considered and respected, helps us to deliver work of the highest standards of quality and integrity.
About the role:
As a Senior Analyst, you will become an integral part of Compass Lexecon’s German-speaking team, with the crucial role of helping clients understand how competition works in their industry. You will contribute to cases in a variety of ways, working closely with senior staff to understand the issues that face the client, relating those issues to relevant economic theory, and supporting the analysis with solid and persuasive empirical evidence.
You will be working on both domestic and international assignments in collaboration with our colleagues across Europe. You will also have the opportunity to influence and contribute to the growth of our German, Austrian and Swiss businesses.
Senior Analyst positions are available to individuals with a Master’s degree in economics and a few years of work experience in competition economics. You will be based in Compass Lexecon’s Berlin office, following a secondment period in one of our other European offices (such as London or Brussels).
- Reviewing literature and contributing to discussions about the theoretical and empirical approach
- Efficiently conducting empirical analysis using Excel and Stata
- Drafting reports summarising analysis
- Participating in client meetings and conference calls
- Delivering accurate and high-quality work product
- Interacting with clients regarding data
- Mentoring junior staff
- Master’s degree in economics from leading university, ideally with a focus on microeconomics, industrial organisation and/or econometrics
- 1 – 2 years of experience in competition economics (either from an economic consultancy, competition authority, or regulator)
- Fluency in German and English
- Highly analytical
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients
- Dedication to high quality and accurate work
- Strong attention to detail
- Independent worker and team player
- Strong Stata and Excel skills desirable
Benefits of pursuing a career with Compass Lexecon:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A wide variety of interesting and challenging projects
- An international team with a broad range of backgrounds and experience
- A blend of professional and academic environments
- The opportunity to work with top law firms, corporations, government bodies and academics
- A steep learning curve, coupled with supportive and collaborative team
- Opportunities for training such as secondments, office rotations, internal seminars, and conferences
- The opportunity to take on a lot of responsibility from day one
What happens next?
Once your application has been submitted, you will receive an email confirmation. The recruitment team will then review your application and aim to be in touch within 1-2 weeks regarding next steps.
Compass Lexecon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.