Energy Consultant/Senior Consultant (German Speaker)
London, Paris, Brussels, Madrid, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Helsinki, Tel Aviv. /
Energy Practice – EMEA /
We are one of the world’s leading economic consulting firms. We strive to recruit and develop talented people to work together to produce meaningful economic analysis of exceptional quality, and to create a positive impact on our clients and society.
Our EMEA Energy team is spread over several European offices and has over 20 team members specialising in the economics of the energy sector including electricity, gas, emissions trading and renewables. We are mainly active in Europe and the Middle East, and have worked on projects in more than 25 countries in the last year.
Our extensive expertise in the European energy market ranges from market design & regulatory issues, strategy development and market modelling to comprehensive expert work in civil and antitrust / competition proceedings. We are involved in a broad spectrum of matters to include development of renewable energy, climate change, liberalization of the power and gas industries, investment decisions and due diligence, storage, electric vehicles and smart grids.
Due to expansion of our Energy practice in the German-speaking region, we are currently looking for a Consultant or Senior Consultant with a number of years of professional experience in consulting, with regulatory authorities or in energy companies.
You will work on both quantitative modelling and regulatory issues across the DACH region, and projects allover Europe. You can be located in any of our European offices (i.e. Berlin, Düsseldorf, Brussels, Paris, London, Madrid and Helsinki) and will regularly work with colleagues in other offices.
Typical duties will include:
- Quantitative analysis in Excel inter alia using our energy-specific models and using our energy system modeling platforms.
- Preparation of reports and summaries of analysis.
- Active participation in client meetings and conference calls.
- Monitoring project progress.
Benefits of your career at Compass Lexecon:
- A competitive salary with additional benefits
- A variety of interesting and challenging projects
- Client interaction and responsibility from day one
- Excellent development opportunities
- An international team from a variety of backgrounds and experiences
- A steep learning curve, in a supportive and collaborative team
- Comprehensive training programs
Experience and Skills Required:
- 2 to 5 years of relevant professional experience in consulting, with regulatory authorities or in energy companies
- Master’s degree in Economics, Engineering, Finance or Statistics from a leading university
- Fluency in German and English languages (both spoken and written)
- Other European languages (particularly French) are desirable
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- Working knowledge of statistical packages (R, Stata) or programming languages (VBA, Python, etc.) is a bonus
- Commitment to high-quality and accurate work
- Strong solution orientation and analytical skills
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritize
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
For an informal discussion on this position, please contact:
- Gerald Aue (Vice President, Paris) at email@example.com
- Anton Burger (Vice President, Berlin) at ABurger@compasslexecon.com
Compass Lexecon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We appreciate that recruitment agencies may have speculative CVs that they wish to submit to Compass Lexecon. To avoid any ambiguity around fees, please note that speculative CVs received by Compass Lexecon, that have not been authorised in advance by the Recruitment team, will be ineligible for an agency fee.