Senior Analyst (Financial Economics)
London, United Kingdom /
International Arbitration Practice – London /
We are one of the world’s leading economic consulting firms. We strive to recruit and develop talented people to work together to produce meaningful economic analysis of exceptional quality, and to create a positive impact on our clients and society.
Our International Arbitration practice provides independent economic analysis, valuation and regulatory opinions, damages assessments, expert reports and arbitration testimony.
We believe that working in diverse teams, where everybody’s views are considered and respected, helps us to deliver work of the highest standards of quality and integrity.
About the Opportunity:
We are currently recruiting for the Senior Analyst position in the International Arbitration practice in our London office.
Our Senior Analysts usually join us after obtaining an undergraduate degree in Economics and a master’s degree in Finance or Economics, and after completing at least two years of relevant work experience.
As a Senior Analyst, you will have the opportunity to make a real contribution from day one and become an integral part of the team. You will be involved in all aspects of a case, developing robust economic analyses and valuation assessments, and working closely with experts, case managers and junior staff members. Senior Analysts are expected to demonstrate strong numerical skills, attention to detail, sound analytical judgment, initiative and strong team skills.
- Contributing to discussions about the theoretical and empirical approach of the analyses
- Collating and analysing qualitative and quantitative research and client data to assess clients’ businesses
- Analysing financial statements and building complex and customised valuation models (e.g., DCF and/or relative valuation)
- Assist in training analysts in financial tools and research methods
- Managing and supervising junior analysts
- Drafting presentations, memoranda and sections in reports summarising analyses
- Liaising with clients and law firms
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Master’s degree in Finance or Economics with an undergraduate degree in Economics (we also consider undergraduates who have obtained or expect to obtain a first class degree in Economics)
- At least two years of relevant work experience
- Strong analytical and writing skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to take ownership over stand-alone streams of analysis
- Ability to supervise and manage junior analysts
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
Benefits of Pursuing a Career with Compass Lexecon
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Excellent training and career opportunities
- A wide variety of interesting and challenging projects
- An international team with a broad range of backgrounds and experience
- A blend of professional and academic environments
- The opportunity to work with top law firms, corporations, government bodies and academics
- A very steep learning curve, coupled with a supportive and collaborative team
- The opportunity to take on a lot of responsibility and contribute very early on
Compass Lexecon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We appreciate that recruitment agencies may have speculative CVs that they wish to submit to Compass Lexecon. To avoid any ambiguity around fees, please note that speculative CVs received by Compass Lexecon, that have not been authorised in advance by the Recruitment team, will be ineligible for an agency fee.