Competition Practice – Madrid
We are one of the world’s leading economic consulting firms. We strive to recruit and develop talented people to work together to produce meaningful economic analysis of exceptional quality, and to create a positive impact on our clients and society.
Our European Competition Practice provides expert economic advice on competition policy, economic and financial regulation, public policy and the assessment of damages in complex disputes. We are looking to hire economists to help us to provide advice to our clients on some of the most high-profile cases before the European Commission, the General Court and national competition authorities, regulators and courts.
We believe that working in diverse teams, where everybody’s views are considered and respected, helps us to deliver work of the highest standards of quality and integrity.
About the role:
We pride ourselves on providing Analysts with an opportunity to make a significant impact from day one. As an Analyst you will become an integral part of the team with the crucial role of helping clients understand how competition works in their industry. You will contribute to cases in a variety of ways, working closely with senior staff to understand the issues that face the client, relating those issues to relevant economic theory, and supporting the analysis with solid and persuasive empirical evidence.
Analysts typically join us after completing their Master’s degree in economics.
- Analysing qualitative and quantitative client data to better understand how competition works in their industry
- Reviewing literature and contributing to discussions about the theoretical and empirical approach
- Conducting empirical analysis using Excel and Stata
- Drafting reports summarising analysis
- Participating in client meetings and conference calls
- Master’s degree in economics from a leading university, ideally with focus on microeconomics, industrial organisation and/or econometrics
- Highly analytical
- Excellent organisational skills with an ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Stata and Excel skills desirable
- Fluency in English and Spanish
Benefits of pursuing a career with Compass Lexecon:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A wide variety of interesting and challenging projects
- An international team with a broad range of backgrounds and experience
- A blend of professional and academic environments
- The opportunity to work with top law firms, corporations, government bodies and academics
- A steep learning curve, coupled with a supportive and collaborative team
- Opportunities for training such as secondments, office rotations, internal seminars, and conferences
- The opportunity to take on a lot of responsibility and contribute from day one
What happens next?
Once your application has been submitted, you will receive an email confirmation. The recruitment team will then review your application. If your application is successful, you will be invited to our office to undertake a motivational interview with a junior team member. Applicants who pass this stage will be invited for a second round to interview with senior staff. Following this round, we will make a decision on your application and aim to be in touch within 1-2 weeks.
Compass Lexecon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.