Summer Intern | Financial Economics (2023 start)
London or Madrid /
International Arbitration Practice – London or Madrid /
We are one of the world’s leading economic consulting firms. We strive to recruit and develop talented people to work together to produce meaningful economic analysis of exceptional quality, and to create a positive impact on our clients and society.
Our International Arbitration practice provides independent economic analysis, valuation and regulatory opinions, damages assessments, expert reports and arbitration testimony.
We believe that working in diverse teams, where everybody’s views are considered and respected, helps us to deliver work of the highest standards of quality and integrity.
We are currently recruiting for the Summer Intern position in the International Arbitration practice in our London and Madrid offices.
At Compass Lexecon, we pride ourselves on providing Interns with an opportunity to make a real contribution from day one. As an Intern you will gain extensive hands-on experience of working at an economic consultancy. You will be involved in most aspects of a case, working closely with the case manager.
Our Internship positions are open to penultimate year students pursuing a degree in Economics or Finance. Interns typically join us over the Summer for 8 to 12 weeks. Please indicate in your cover letter when you would be available to start your internship.
Applications for Summer 2023 close on 31 January 2023, and we encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we are recruiting on a rolling basis.
- Performing research to better understand clients' industries
- Collating and analysing qualitative and quantitative client data to assess clients’ businesses
- Preparing complex and customised financial valuation models using Excel
- Drafting memoranda and sections in reports summarising analyses
- Participating in client meetings and conference calls
- Contributing to discussions about the theoretical and empirical approach of the analyses
- Penultimate year students pursuing a Finance or Economics undergraduate or postgradute degree
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English is required
Benefits of working at Compass Lexecon:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A wide variety of interesting and challenging projects
- An international team with a broad range of backgrounds and experience
- A blend of professional and academic environments
- The opportunity to work with top law firms, corporations, government bodies and academics
- A steep learning curve, coupled with a supportive and collaborative team
- The opportunity to take on a lot of responsibility and contribute very early on
Compass Lexecon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We appreciate that recruitment agencies may have speculative CVs that they wish to submit to Compass Lexecon. To avoid any ambiguity around fees, please note that speculative CVs received by Compass Lexecon, that have not been authorised in advance by the Recruitment team, will be ineligible for an agency fee.