London or Madrid /
Business Professionals – Technical Support /
Full time, permanent
Compass Lexecon is a world-leading economic consultancy. We advise on economic issues related to competition policy, economic and financial regulation, public policy and the assessment of damages, across all industries.
Established in 1977, Compass Lexecon has over 500 professional staff, including 175+ Ph.D. economists based in 23 offices globally. Our economists produce creative, compelling solutions, underpinned by rigorous economic thinking and cutting-edge analysis. We have advised clients in matters before regulatory agencies and courts in over 90 jurisdictions and worked for 84% of the current Fortune 100 companies over the last 10 years.
Compass Lexecon EMEA has over 400 employees based across 12 offices and has tripled in size over the last 5 years. Our diverse group of experts and academic affiliates is known for its integrity, creative thinking, and exceptional quality work. Our working approach is firmly grounded in shared values of integrity, excellence and collaboration.
About the role:
Based in either London or Madrid office, you will handle infrastructure support for Compass Lexecon in the EMEA region. You are expected to be a very well-rounded IT professional, with excellent customer service and technical skills.
- Providing support, management, maintenance, and planning for core infrastructure services
- Responsible for the day to day sustaining activities for Compass Lexecon in the EMEA region, while being an active team member for the global team
- Developing and maintaining documentation, change management, and technical procedures where applicable
- Acts as the Operations lead on projects implemented by Enterprise Architecture
- Providing senior level support in maintaining an in-depth knowledge of all client applications and services used in Compass Lexecon.
- Acting as a senior level advocate for technology related problems or issues
- Assist with completing client security assessments
- Acts as an escalation point to Technical Support representatives
- Work with business practitioners to develop ad-hoc solutions for business requirements
- Physical labour required from time to time, which may include moving equipment, etc. up to 25 kg.
- Periodic travel required
- 3+ years’ experience in troubleshooting, engineering, administration, and operation of enterprise systems with a focus on Windows Server, VMWare, and Active Directory
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, server architecture, data networks, and data center operations
- 1+ year(s) experience with Microsoft Azure
- Ability to handle and balance multiple critical tasks
- Ability to grasp fundamentals quickly and instruct others
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of Active Directory, DNS, and basic Networking principals
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of MS SQL Server and other database technologies
- Experience working with NAS and SAN storage infrastructures in an enterprise environment
- High level certification in at least 2 core areas (Microsoft, VMWare, Cisco, ITIL, etc.)
- Project management experience
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent job experience
- Positive Attitude
- Excellent communication (written & verbal), planning, organization, and administrative skills.
- Ability to work well within a dispersed team environment
- Adaptability to changing priorities
Position classification: Full time
Compass Lexecon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We appreciate that recruitment agencies may have speculative CVs that they wish to submit to Compass Lexecon. To avoid any ambiguity around fees, please note that speculative CVs received by Compass Lexecon, that have not been authorised in advance by the Recruitment team, will be ineligible for an agency fee.