Bench Technician (3rd Shift, Mon-Fri)
Department – Bench
Are you mechanically-inclined and looking for a challenging and rewarding career opportunity? Have you considered a career in the Aerospace industry? Imagine the rewards of applying your background to a field that will allow commercial planes to keep flying.
Working at CRT:
At Component Repair Technologies (CRT) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial space working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business right in Mentor, Ohio and we have been in business since 1985. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the CRT family and watch your career soar!
- Well-lit, clean work environment
- Competitive pay with $2-3 shift premiums
- FULLY PAID health Insurance
- Profit sharing bonuses
- Paid tuition for job-related courses and programs on-site and at area colleges
- State-sponsored apprenticeship programs
- Perform a wide variety of shop tasks such as deburring, assembly/disassembly, light machining and assembling fasteners on various aerospace and marine and industrial components. The chosen candidate will also perform bench level troubleshooting, breakdown, repair and overhaul in compliance with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Use a variety of hand power and non-power tools to perform various shop operations. Use fixtures and stationary equipment provided. Acquire personal tool list of standard non-power tools such as files, hammers and wrenches.
- Perform disassembly and assembly of turbine engine components. Assembly and installation methods include press-fit bushings and inserts, rivets, self-locking nuts, helicoils, lock wiring, etc. Determine proper torque when required.
- Use power and non-power tools to deburr after machining operations. Deburr various metals, plating, and thermal spray coatings.
- Remove nicks and high metal; blend to create smooth transitions or return parts to original contour.
- Drill, tap, re-drill holes. Use hand drills, reamers, chamfer tools, and taps.
- Operate small machines (surface grinder, drill press, hone, lathe, Bridgeport) to manufacture or modify parts. Size and cut bushings, pins, or other small parts for proper fit for installation.
- Cut, blend, and fit patches.
- Apply various compounds such as RTV and epoxy coatings to bond parts during assembly or to seal joints.
- Rack or unrack parts for various operations such as heat treat, welding, or machining.
- Communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and / or aircraft status with customers at all levels.
- Ability to work frequent unscheduled overtime including weekends and holidays.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with assigned employees, other business areas, contractors, and customers.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings.
- Own a basic set of hand tools.
OEM, BLAST, GRIT, MECHANIC, AUTO MECHANIC, AUTOMOTIVE MECHANIC, AUTOBODY, AUTOBODY WORK, SANDBLAST, ALUMINUM, PARTS, TITANIUM, REPAIR, OVERHAUL, CLEANING, NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING, WATER BLASTING JOBS, HYDRO BLASTING, INDUSTRIAL PLANT CLEANING, INDUSTRIAL CLEANING, BLASTER JOBS, OUTAGE JOBS, TURNAROUND JOBS, WATER BLASTING TECHNICIANS, ETHANOL PLANT JOBS, VAC TRUCK JOBS, REFINERY JOBS, OIL FIELD JOBS, POWER PLANT JOBS, ENVIRONMENTAL JOBS, SHUTDOWN JOBS, HAZWOPER JOBS, PLANT SERVICES, ENERGY JOBS, PIPELINE JOBS, OSHA, TANK CLEANING, HYDRO-EXCAVATION, WATER-JETTING JOBS, Pratt & Whitney, Boeing, Snecma, Safran Aircraft Engines, CFM International, GE Aviation, General Electric, International Aero Engines, IAE, Gen X, GE90, PW2000, PW4000, LM2500, V2500, CF6, CFM56, F117, entry level, entry-level, third shift, 3rd shift, off shift, off-shift
CRT is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well-being of its employees. It is the Company’s policy to only hire individuals who do not use drugs/nicotine products. All candidates will be screened for drug/nicotine use prior to hire. Employment opportunities at CRT are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. CRT complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.