Masking Worker (2nd Shift, Mon-Fri)
Department – Thermal Spray
Deposit various materials onto turbine engine components for the purpose of dimensional restoration using thermal spray equipment. Use hand-operated equipment and use robotics. Perform pre-application preparation of parts and post-application tasks to prepare parts for subsequent operations.
Working at CRT:
At Component Repair Technologies (CRT) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial space working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business right in Mentor, Ohio and we have been in business since 1985. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the CRT family and watch your career soar!
- Well-lit, clean work environment
- Competitive pay with $2-3 shift premiums
- FULLY PAID health Insurance
- Profit sharing bonuses
- Paid tuition for job-related courses and programs on-site and at area colleges
- State-sponsored apprenticeship programs
- Follow written and verbal instructions accurately. Communicate frequently with other employees regarding work instructions. Communicate any problems to supervisors or other departments as required through work records and other means as necessary.
- Operate complex equipment including thermal spray equipment and robotics.
- Perform various levels of equipment maintenance and environmental and safety maintenance. Follow all safety and environmental rules that apply. Use safety and personal protection equipment correctly.
- Participate in problem-solving and continuous improvement efforts. Position requires constant communication with engineers, lab technicians, and other employees to improve results of complex processes.
- Basic theoretical knowledge of thermal spray processes.
- Ability to follow material control processes.
- Ability to pass lab tests for specific coatings and specific jobs.
- Successful completion of in-house training programs for thermal spray processes.
- Successful completion of ASM or other technical course on thermal spray coatings.
- Two year technical or engineering degree.
Aerospace, Aero, Coating, Thermal Coating, Plasma Coating, Stripping, Plasma, Thermal, Thermal Spray, Thermal Spraying, Blueprints, Manufacturing, Flame Spray, Flame Spray Operator, Production, Repair, Overhaul, FANUC, FANUC Controls, off shift, 3rd shift, third shift, third-shift Pratt & Whitney, Boeing, Snecma, Safran Aircraft Engines, CFM International, GE Aviation, General Electric, International Aero Engines, IAE, Gen X, GE90, PW2000, PW4000, LM2500, V2500, CF6, CFM56, F117, 2nd shift, second shift, off shift, entry-level, entry level
CRT is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well-being of its employees. It is the Company’s policy to only hire individuals who do not use drugs/nicotine products. All candidates will be screened for drug/nicotine use prior to hire. Employment opportunities at CRT are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. CRT complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.