Buyer (1st Shift, Mon-Fri)
Department – Supply Chain
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity?
Working at CRT:
At Component Repair Technologies (CRT) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial space working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business right in Mentor, Ohio and we have been in business since 1985. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the CRT family and watch your career soar!
The Buyer is responsible for processing purchase requisitions, requesting quotes and creating purchase orders. This position will work closely with Inventory control, Shipping/receiving, Maintenance and other internal departments to understand the requirements and effectively fulfill the need. It is the responsibility of the Buyer to track the status of the PO with the Supplier and provide updates regarding delivery to the requisitioner. Prior to approving payment, the Buyer is responsible for verifying all purchase order requirements are met.
- Well-lit, clean work environment
- FULLY PAID health Insurance
- Profit sharing bonuses
- Paid tuition for job-related courses and programs on-site and at area colleges
- Create requests for quote and evaluate quotes received from vendors/suppliers.
- Support vendor and supplier maintenance in accordance with AS9100 standards.
- Ensure Purchase Orders have all the requirements noted and delivery terms have been established.
- Maintain Purchase Order status information and communicate delivery updates internally.
- Use manuals, the internet, Inventory Locator Service, or other additional resources to source products.
- Assist in inventory transactions and reconciliation.
- Process receipts of orders and control material certifications.
- Submit invoices to Accounts Payable for payment once receipts have been applied.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented individual.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to work overtime as required.
- Ability to learn and follow CRT policies and procedures within.
- Proficient in PC applications with strong user capability in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems.
- Three to five years previous office experience in preferably a technical environment.
- Technical writing and documentation skills.
- Continuing education in related field and technologies.
- APICS training with either CSCP, CPIM, CIRM certification.
- Ability to read AutoCAD/SolidWorks drawings.
Buyer, Senior Buyer, Materials Rep, Strategic Account Rep, Strategic Materials Account Rep, Inventory Management, Production Control, Control, Production Control, Control Account Specialist, APICS, APICS, Inventory Controller, Inventory Specialist, ERP, ERP Management, Inventory Specialist, Tool Crib, Tool Crib Manager, Leader, Technical, Manager, Engineering, Operations Management, Engineering Cost Analyst, Technical, Manufacturing aerospace, aerospace manufacturing, Project Management, Administration, Aviation Maintenance, Work scope, Pratt & Whitney, Boeing, Snecma, Safran Aircraft Engines, CFM International, GE Aviation, General Electric, International Aero Engines, IAE, Gen X, GE90, PW2000, PW4000, LM2500, V2500, CF6, CFM56, F117, On Time Delivery, OTD, Ship Date Accuracy, SDA, Vendors, Inventory, Tooling, Crib Orders, Purchasing
CRT is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well-being of its employees. It is the Company’s policy to only hire individuals who do not use drugs/nicotine products. All candidates will be screened for drug/nicotine use prior to hire. Employment opportunities at CRT are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. CRT complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.