R&D Engineer (1st Shift, Mon-Fri)
Department – Engineering
Are you a talented engineer looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity? Have you considered a career in the Aerospace industry? Imagine the rewards of applying your engineering background to repair turbine engine components that will allow commercial planes to keep flying.
At Component Repair Technologies (CRT) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial field working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business in Mentor, Ohio, in business since 1985. We offer a family style environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the CRT team and watch your career soar!
Working at CRT:
At Component Repair Technologies (CRT) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial space working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business right in Mentor, Ohio and we have been in business since 1985. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the CRT family and watch your career soar!
- FULLY PAID health Insurance
- Profit sharing bonuses
- Paid tuition for job-related courses and programs on-site and at area colleges
- State-sponsored apprenticeship programs
- Countless internal promotional opportunities
- Evaluate engine components and/or FAA approved technical data to determine reparability.
- Review new repairs, new parts, newly issued technical data and/or new process programs to improve quality, efficiency and turn time of components as well as CRT capabilities.
- Develop new repairs or processes and submit written repair proposals to the customer, engine manufacturer or for FAA/DER EASA approval.
- Determine and acquire needs such as consumable materials, component parts, tooling, inspection gages, equipment and processes related to new repairs and components. Help establish outside vendors if necessary for product/program needs.
- Provide a quotation to the sales department regarding labor hours, material and processing costs and scheduled ship date. Discuss with Sales Department overall costs to ensure product profitability.
- Two/four-year technical degree (B.S. Mechanical, Aerospace, etc.).
- Three years turbine engine component repair experience.
- General knowledge of civil aviation regulations, engine/overhaul manuals, and/or other process manuals used to repair turbine engine components.
- Continuing education in related processes and technologies.
AUTOCAD, SOLIDWORKS, DRAFTING, 2D, 3D, REPAIR, PROCESS, REPAIR, REPAIR ENGINEER, SUPPORT, ENGINEERING CONCEPTS, MANUFACTURING ENGINEER, MANUFACTURING, PROCESS, PROCESSES, PROCESS ENGINEERING, ENGINEER, OVERHAUL, GAS TURBINE, GAS TURBINE OVERHAUL, SHAFT, COMPONENT, COMPONENT REPAIR, R&D AEROSPACE, HANDS-ON,MECHANICAL, FABRICATION, WELDING, COMPOSITE, MAINTENANCE, MAINTENANCE OVERHAUL, DESIGN, PLAN, MANUFACTURE, CHALLENGE, BAJA, BAJA CAR, RACE, BAJA COMPETITION, BAJA RACING, SAE, SAE VEHICLE, SAE COLLEGIATE DESIGN SERIES, FORMULA SAE, FORMULA, FORMULA SAE ELECTRIC, SAE INTERNALTIONAL, SOCIETY FOR AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERS
CRT is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well-being of its employees. It is the Company’s policy to only hire individuals who do not use drugs/nicotine products. All candidates will be screened for drug/nicotine use prior to hire. Employment opportunities at CRT are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. CRT complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.