Masking Technician (3rd Shift, Mon-Fri)
Department – Thermal Spray
Are you a talented individual looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity? Have you considered a career in the Aerospace industry? Imagine the rewards of applying your background to a field that will allow commercial planes to keep flying.
Working at CRT:
At Component Repair Technologies (CRT) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial space working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business right in Mentor, Ohio and we have been in business since 1985. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the CRT family and watch your career soar!
- Well-lit, clean work environment
- Competitive pay with $2-3 shift premiums
- FULLY PAID health Insurance
- Profit sharing bonuses
- Paid tuition for job-related courses and programs on-site and at area colleges
- State-sponsored apprenticeship programs
- Review router and operational sketch to identify work to be done.
- Mask components as required to protect surfaces from subsequent operations.
- Apply hard masking such as caps, shields, and tubes over parts by following documented work instructions. Apply lacquer or other liquids masking materials using brushes or sponges.
- Trim masking using knives, razor blades, or other sharp tools. Trim masking in accordance with detailed work instructions to precise dimensions.
- Remove masking from components, clean with solvents by hand or power wash.
- Will be required to perform basic operations in various departments such as cleaning, plating, bench, plasma, inspection, machining on an as needed basis.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Read, write, speak and understand English, and be able to communicate with other employees.
- General knowledge of standard shop practices.
- Must be detail oriented and have good hand eye coordination.
- General knowledge of turbine engine component repairs.
- Ability to use measuring devices such as scales, micrometers, and dial indications.
Aerospace, Technician, Aero, Coating, Thermal Coating, Plasma Coating, Stripping, Plasma, entry level, entry level job, entry-level, entry level opportunity, production, manufacturing, OEM, blast, mask, masking, paint, tape, grit, plating, machining, welding, sandblast, aluminum, parts, titanium, repair, overhaul, cleaning, Non-Destructive Examination, Water Blasting Jobs, Hydro Blasting Jobs, Industrial Plant Cleaning, Industrial Cleaning, Blaster Jobs, Outage Jobs, Turnaround Jobs, Water Blasting Technicians, Ethanol Plant Jobs, Vac Truck Jobs, Refinery Jobs, Oil Field Jobs, Power Plant Jobs, Environmental Jobs, Industrial Cleaning Jobs, Shutdown Jobs, Hazwoper Jobs, Plant Services, Energy Jobs, Pipeline Jobs, OSHA 40HR, Tank Cleaning, Hydro-excavation, Water-Jetting Jobs, 3rd Shift, third shift, off shift, night shift, overtime, garage, Automotive Service Excellence (ASE), Automotive Service Excellence certification, auto body, bodywork, framework
CRT is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well being of its employees. It is the Company’s policy to only hire individuals who do not use tobacco. All candidates will be screened for drug/nicotine use prior to hire. Employment opportunities at CRT are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. CRT complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.