Lab Technician (3rd Shift, Weekend)
Department – Laboratory
Are you a talented individual looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity? Have you considered a career in the Aerospace industry? Imagine the rewards of applying your background to a field that will allow commercial planes to keep flying.
Working at CRT:
At Component Repair Technologies (CRT) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial space working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business right in Mentor, Ohio and we have been in business since 1985. We offer a “family style” environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the CRT family and watch your career soar!
- Well-lit, clean work environment
- Competitive pay with $2-3 shift premiums
- FULLY PAID health Insurance
- Profit sharing bonuses
- Paid tuition for job-related courses and programs on-site and at area colleges
- State-sponsored apprenticeship programs
- Analytical testing of chemical tanks including collecting samples, performing titrations, maintaining lab records, and performing math calculations.
- Process and evaluate metallurgical samples including metallurgical prep, microscopic evaluation, and mechanical testing.
- Maintain chemical tanks, including cleaning out tanks, making new solutions, and making chemical additions as required.
- Responsible for lab supplies, daily maintenance and general housekeeping of lab equipment and glassware.
- Responsible for labeling and storage of chemicals and drums. Must adhere to the safety and regulatory requirements regarding the use and storage of chemicals.
- Create and maintain records and technical data associated with job responsibilities.
- Associates degree in Chemistry/Biology/Metallurgy or two to four years equivalent work experience.
- Must be able to learn and become capable in the operation of lab equipment and standard procedures.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
Laboratory, Technologist, Technician, lab tech, laboratory tech, chemistry, chemical, welding, metallurgy, science, Biology, Chemistry, Biology Degree, Chemistry Degree, Chemist, Pratt & Whitney, Boeing, Snecma, Safran Aircraft Engines, CFM International, aerospace, GE Aviation, General Electric, International Aero Engines, IAE, Gen X, GE90, PW2000, PW4000, LM2500, V2500, CF6, CFM56, F117, third shift, 3rd shift, off shift, tensile testing, hardness testing, lab lest, lab testing
CRT is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well being of its employees. It is the Company’s policy to only hire individuals who do not use tobacco. All candidates will be screened for drug/nicotine use prior to hire. Employment opportunities at CRT are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. CRT complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.