Heat Treat Operator (1st Shift, Mon-Fri)
Department – Heat Treat
Are you a talented individual looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity Have you considered a career in the Aerospace industry? Imagine the rewards of applying your background to a field that will allow commercial planes to keep flying.
At Component Repair Technologies (CRT) we hire, train, develop and lead a robust team of highly technical workers that make the most difficult types of repairs on gas turbine engines. We are a certificated FAA repair station. We operate in the Aerospace field as well as the Marine & Industrial field working with the airlines, engine overhaul shops as well as original manufacturers such as GE, Pratt & Whitney and IAE. We are a local privately held business right in Mentor, Ohio, in business since 1985. We offer a family style environment with ample opportunities for individual growth at all levels. Come join the CRT team and watch your career soar!
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Maintain heat treat areas and equipment. Fixture parts as required and operate air/vacuum furnaces and bake ovens.
- Perform daily maintenance of heat treat equipment and related equipment, including caring for thermocouples, chart recorders, fixtures, ovens and furnaces. Coordinate malfunctions or maintenance issues with the maintenance, weld, and engineering departments.
- Maintain accurate records, including department logs. Follow CRT quality records systems.
- Monitor programs to ensure proper functioning of furnaces. May be required to create and edit furnace programs.
- Communicate all facets of the production day with lead men, shift supervisor, and all production control personnel.
- Organize staging areas daily. Ensure that all parts are correctly identified and that operations are stamped/signed off as completed.
- Attend daily production meetings and work with production and engineering departments to schedule heat treat department.
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude and be a proven team player.
- Work extended hours and be available for weekend work as production dictates.
- Physically able to move inventory throughout the shop and fixture parts for heat treatment.
CRT is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace and promoting the health and well-being of its employees. It is the Company’s policy to only hire individuals who do not use drugs/nicotine products. All candidates will be screened for drug/nicotine use prior to hire. Employment opportunities at CRT are open to all qualified applicants solely on the basis of their job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. CRT complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws with regard to equal employment opportunity.